“Lovely hotel, great service, fab location!” 5 of 5 stars

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #14 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, great service, fab location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

My mum and I splashed out on our last 3 days in the states here in June. Okay not that expensive, but we could have got a cheaper hotel. But we chose the 'Aqua' because it had everything we wanted on paper, and the reviews were fantastic.
We had a great experience throughout - very friendly checking in staff, very chatty doormen, helpful porters...everyone was always very polite and seemed genuinely happy and glad to see us.
Our room was great, it was just a basic double (2 queens) city view room, but it was spacious, and had everything we needed. We didn't have a bath, but I don't imagine many rooms did. However to relax after a long day, there was a jacuzzi by the pool side.
The Aqua itself is now known as one of Chicago's most iconic buildings, due to its 'wave' design. It stands out from the river and the lake and from millenium park too. It is a great location, literally a 2 minute walk from Michigan Avenue and Millenium Park. Also there is a great little cut through to the river walk via Marianos...just a little further up Randolph Road, via Lake Shore East Park. We found that out via our Chicago Greeter - which I also recommend to any new visitors to Chicago!
I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again...Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank fluffybridges
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for your review! I am honored that you had such a great stay and that you were able to relax in the pool and spa at the end of your day! I am also happy that the location was perfect for your needs. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Itasca, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

The good - This is an absolutely beautiful hotel with a magnificent atrium and amazing bar/patio. The room (1620) was great and in general, I would recommend a stay at this hotel.

The very bad - We arrived at 1:30pm and proceeded to the front desk to check-in. We were informed that, yes rooms were available for an additional $40 or we could wait until 3:00pm. I understand trying to maximize the bottom line however I found it repugnant. Note: my wife is 9.5 months pregnant and was standing right next to me. We waddled around until 3:00pm.

This hotel gets an average rating because of this sub-par service. Great hotel overall, however that policy is a total turn-off for this traveler.

Room Tip: Request a high floor, great views of the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank JetNJoy
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your overall experience at the hotel. I would, however, like to apologize that you were disappointed with your arrival experience and that our team was not more helpful in getting you and your wife a room for early arrival. I am sharing your comments so we can improve our operations moving forward, and I am truly sorry for any disappointment you experienced. I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Always wanted to spend a night in downtown Chicago! Great experience in a beautiful hotel. Didn't want to leave, great room, great service...and everything you could possibly want. Our room had a view of river, Lake Michigan, Navy Pier, and Millenium Park... Awesome (plus a balcony!)

Room Tip: Ask for any upgrades. And a balcony!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Deb P
Thank you for staying with us and for leaving us a review! I am honored that you had a great stay and that you took the time to recommend us to others! I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

The Hague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Beautiful building on a great location, nice rooms with a design touch, interiors in that trendy Radisson Blu style and a friendly, accommodating staff all over (with the guys in front of the hotel leading the pack): we very satisfied with our stay. Two little remarks: service at the outside terrace was not always attentive - one time we spend a good 20 minutes to get the attention of the (friendly!) waitress - and due to the strict anti-smoking policy of Chicago you are not allowed to smoke on your own balcony... We'd come back here without a doubt, though.

Room Tip: Do realize that if you choose a room with a balcony, you're now allowed to smoke there!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your review! I am honored that you had such a fantastic experience and that you took the time to recommend us to others. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed here for three nights while attending a conference. Really nice hotel. Clean and new. Close to Millenium Park and Michigan Ave. The bar in the hotel has really good food. The staff are polite and helpful. The one downside is it isnt cheap. $300 plus for a weekday night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for leaving us a review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you took the time to recommend us to others. Our pricing does vary based on occupancy and events in the city. I hope that we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Hotel is chic, centrally located, great service, exceptional rooms with wonderful amenities. Kelly K. in Marketing/Media took great care of my needs at a personally challenging time for me. Lovely person, extremely competent, and having an amazing knowledge of the hotel and area. Nice to see when someone loves their job! Food in Fellini's was delicious, inventive, and beautifully presented. Maitre'd was very accommodating, pleasant, attentive, as was the wait staff. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us and for leaving us a review. I couldn't be happier that you had a fantastic stay and that our team made it even better! I will share your compliments with Kelly. I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The lobby is beautiful. Upgraded to a business suite because we were traveling with our 1 year old baby. This way we could put her to bed and still function. Got a decent rate on the upgrade, but was hoping for a little more space for the money. Lovely room, not so lovely in-room dining. Overpriced and not very tasty. The pools were great, although not quite as modern as the lobby & guest rooms. Business lounge was a great perk for suite guests. Free snacks, beers, wine, and a decent sized balcony.

I really loved this hotel. Seems perfect for business travelers. Rating it 4 instead of 5 because of room service and the good-not-great pool.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for leaving us a review. I am thrilled that you and you family had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed your upgrade to business class. I do, however, apologize that you were disappointed with the room service selections and the pool design. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you and hope it won't prevent you from returning in the future.