“Central location, great fitness facilities”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #20 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London, United Kingdom
“Central location, great fitness facilities”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on business for one night. The room was comfortable and spacious. The bathroom well layer out and all reasonable amenities. The thing that really made a difference though was a large well equipped gym which meant I had a great workout in comfort and not too crowded!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am thrilled that you loved your stay and were able to enjoy the fitness center. I hope that you return again the next time you are in town.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (790)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were in Chicago for the weekend to see the George Straight concert and enjoy a bit of Chicago. The hotel was very impressive upon arrival. Gorgeous lobby! I do not tend to have modern taste and would not incorporate the look into my own home, but I enjoyed stepping outside of myself and having that experience at the Radisson Blu Aqua. Check-in was easy and we (husband and I + one other couple) received an upgrade to the business floor 17. (My husband is a reward points member.) It was nice to have access to the business lounge and we took advantage of the complimentary continental breakfast 2x during our stay. Our rooms were different styles. Our room had the great balcony and a view of Navy Pier and frozen Lake Michigan (so neat to see this) and a view of Millennium Park/Cloud Gate. Our room was very different from any other hotel room we have ever stayed in. For us, it was a bit of an odd layout and I didn't like that the cupboard was directly in front of the door when you entered the room, and then you walked down a bit of a hallway and around a bend to enter the rest of the room. So clothes, shoes, etc. were a bit out of the way. Also the sink was not large enough for my liking, my husband did not care for the wood floors, and I felt the lighting was a bit dim. Now these are trivial complaints -- the kind that I typically pay no mind to when reading TA reviews. :) So take these comments loosely. Otherwise, the bed was very comfortable with a ton of pillows. I also GREATLY appreciated the 2x a day housekeeping service and the restocking of the wonderful products that they supply. We enjoyed drinks 2x in the Filini Lounge with great service at a wonderful large booth on our first night in town. The Pinot Noir and Bruschetta were both lovely. We had drinks a second night, but opted to relax on the large comfortable couches by the wonderfully warm fireplace in the Lobby area. We would return to the Radisson Blu for that "unique for us" modern experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you and your friends enjoyed your experience with us and that you loved the upgrade to the business class lounge. I am also glad that you enjoyed having drinks in Filini. I look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Modern & luxurious Great service, friendly staff, spacious rooms with incredible views! The double shower & bathtub were an added bonus. The hotel breakfast was Devine & reasonably priced (off the menu).
Cocktails enjoyed in the bar or curled up In front of the open fires! Was busy & bustling but we never felt uncomfortable & we always had privacy. Perfect location to shops & parks.
Loved every minute of our 5night stay!

Room Tip: A room facing Millennium park & views of Lake Michigan 12-13 floor is perfect!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled that you loved your stay and that our location was perfect for shopping and going to parks. I am also happy that you loved both breakfast and drink service in Filini. I hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We packed up our preschooler and headed from the suburbs to the city for a mid-winter weekend get away and couldn't have been more pleased. The Blu Aqua Hotel and it's restaurant, the Filini, are esthetically attractive and relaxing. The interior design of the room was stunning. My son loved going swimming every day and we could walk or cab it to the Aquarium and the museums. The service was excellent all around. We ate breakfast and dinner at the Filini Restaurant everyday and loved the food but what was best was the special service we got with our 4 year old in tow. Tomas and the other staff went out of their way to make sure our kiddo had an entertaining view from his seat and whatever he wanted to eat. The kitchen even sent out a Mickey Mouse pancake for breakfast one day! I had always heard good things about the Blu Aqua from my single friends and was happy to find that it was family-friendly as well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sasha H
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Thank you for your review! We are honored that you and your family had such a wonderful experience at both the hotel and Filini! I will be sure to share your compliments with Tomas and our team. I am happy that you loved the location and that you were able to utilize the pool. I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Sherwood, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was our 4th time staying at Radisson Blu Hotel. I am not sure what I love most about this hotel. Oh, yeah, EVERYTHING!!! I love how I'm greeted by the door man every time I come in the door. I love how everyone says "hi" to me where ever I go in the hotel. I love the WARM sitting area with the wall fireplace in the lobby to warm up after being out in the cold brutal winter. I love the workout area and the pool with the hot tub. The best thing we did this time was we upgraded to include the business center. We had our son along and we were concerned how we could let him sleep in and still work. It was so relaxing and it had snacks and drinks for us also. There was always a host in the center that was extremely attentive and helped us with some sites we wanted to check out. Our room was the best. We had 2 queens with a balcony and it was beautiful and CLEAN and had a beautiful view. The rooms are very quiet also. With our business we spend a lot of time at hotels and I have to say this is our one treat we do for ourselves is to stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel. We want to try the Minneapolis one soon!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
We can't thank you enough for making us your home here in the city! We are honored that you continue to return and that your enite family loves the hotel! I am also glad that the Business Lounge was perfect for your needs. I hope we see you again soon!

Northwest Indiana
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was our first stay at the Blu Aqua hotel and our experience was excellent. The lobby and the bar were nicely decorated and provided plenty of comfortable seating, especially next to the fire during this cold winter. We had a few bar snacks and a couple drinks and both were very good. Just enough food and drink offerings to be a nice place to start your night. Our room was well sized and was well appointed for what you would need for your stay. The bathroom was extremely clean and had a nice soaking tub and shower with a rain shower option in it. We found the bed to be very comfortable and the rest of the room matched the bathroom in cleanliness. As far as location goes you can't go wrong with this hotel. You are within walking distance to Millennium Park, Michigan Ave shopping and many great restaurants. We used the indoor workout area which was large and well equipped for whatever type of workout you would want to do. We did not get a chance to use the outdoor area with running track which also seems like it would be a nice feature. All in all it was a great experience and we will be back. P.S. The only little snafu we did have was with the parking situation. If you want to get the $49 rate per night you need to park the car yourself in their parking garage located below the hotel. Otherwise it will be $61 a night if you pull up to the front lobby and valet. Just a minor problem since we thought the valet would park the car for us and we would just have no in and out privileges for the $49 rate.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you loved every aspect of your stay and that our location was ideal for experiencing Chicago! I am also glad that you were able to utlize the fitness center. I hope that we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Tromso, Norway
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Architectual gem in the heart of Chicago - resembling the waves of Lake Michigan...!
You enter en oriental-like lobby - find a nice bar and restaurant Filini.
The room we had was normal 'Norwegian' size - and had a very comportable bed!
Clean and beautiful interior and a very nice bathroom!!!
Very nice and hospitable staff!
I'll be back - for sure!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am glad that you plan to return and that the room was perfect for your needs. I am also happy that the design of both the interior and exterior exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back!