“Very nice new hotel, great location, great value”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #28 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Just a block from the Millennium Park this is a 4.5 star newly built very nice hotel. Sometimes one can stay in a similarly ranked hotel in a big city only to find run down rooms and amenities. This was absolutely not the case here. It feels really fresh, new, super modern (more modern than I would prefer) but I could not say anything against this hotel, only to recommend it. Also very reasonable rates.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Thank you for your review! We could not be happier that you loved your stay and that you found us to be a good value. I am also glad that our location was ideal for your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Write a ReviewReviews (4,999)

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed 2 nights during car show weekend. Room on business class floor provided everything needed. All staff courteous and helpful. The lobby is amazing! My son & friends used rec facilities and they raved about them! You will love your stay here.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thank you for your review! We couldn't be happier that you had a fantastic stay! I am thrilled that the room design and features were perfect for your needs and that your son enjoyed the fitness and recreation floor! I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Wow. That pretty much sums up my experience at the Radisson Blu Aqua. For someone with limited experience with the Radisson brand, this place way exceeded my expectations. Staff were all excellent, including front desk, management, guest services, housekeeping, and lounge staff. Not a single complaint. Room was stylish and views were excellent. Nespresso pods (both in the rooms and in the business lounge) were a HUGE plus. The in-room iPad system made interacting with housekeeping and making certain requests effortless. Added to that the reasonable rates this place charges makes staying here a no-brainer. This will certainly be my top choice for Chicago hotels from now on. Oh, and the location is pretty great too :). This place sets a new bar in terms of hotel standards.

Room Tip: Business class rooms are absolutely worth the upcharge. Breakfast and drinks in the lounge were exce...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tony Z
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

We can't thank you enough for your wonderful review! I am truly honored that you loved every aspect of the stay and your room. I am also happy that you enjoyed the uprade to business class. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great hotel with an excellent staff. We recently held an event in Chicago requiring 40 plus rooms for our out of town business partners. Jenna and Marina made the planning process easy and efficient and handled the minor hiccups (weather related delays in arrival) without any issues or penalties (Chicago winter has been rough this year). The hotel has a lively feel and the amenities for a business travel are the best I have ever experienced from the Ipads in the room to the basketball court in the hotels vast fitness center. If you want it they have it. Highly recommend this hotel if you are ever staying in the downtown area.

Room Tip: I have stayed here twice and both times the rooms were excellent with a different interior. Not a b...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! We are truly honored that you chose to host your group with us, and we couldn't be happier that you events went so well. I will be sure to share your compliments with Marina, Jenna and the rest of the team! I hope that we have another opportunity to welcome back both you and your group again soon!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

As a 5-Star Girl, I was never disappointed with my stay at Aqua. Great Service & quick response to my parking garage issue. Room service was good, too. LOVED the trendy feel & spa-like bathroom. I'll be back - for certain!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you for your review! We are honored that you loved your experience at the hotel and that you plan to return. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was our second stay at Chicago's Radisson Blu Aqua. I am pleased to report that I have still not been able to get a single staff member to tell me "No" or "That won't be possible". Parked at the wrong entrance? We will send the valet over to you Ma'am! Need a checkout later than 12nn? How about checkout at 4pm without extra fee! Then how about a room upgrade with free breakfast at Fillini? Yes, yes, and absolutely not a problem. The guestrooms are really inviting and the hallways quiet. The fitness center is expansive but shared with the apartment dwellers above the 18th floor. The location, to me, is a best seller. 1/2 block east to Randolph St & 1/2 block west To Wacker Drive with an on ramp to Lake Shore Dr. This location is awesome for access to museums and Navy Pier by car and Magnificent Mile shopping and dining. Bob, the doorman, is absolutely an asset with spot on directions to anywhere in the Chicagoland area. High praise Radisson Blu Aqua. I am still impressed on every level!!

Room Tip: Take park view over city view. Most views are at least partially obstructed of city view!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! We are honored that you had another great stay. I am happy that everything from the location, to parking to the room design are perfect for your needs. I will also be sure to share your compliments with Bob and the team. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Great hotel with a very stylish European interior and great service. One of the best hotels of many that I have visited in the US. The rooms are well designed with good quality interiors. The main restaurant serves good Italian food and an excellent breakfast.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. I couldn't be happier that you enjoyed the design of the hotel and that our team was helpful throughout your stay. I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back soon!