“Nice, Quiet, Can't go wrong.”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #27 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have been to this establishment at least 3 times a year. Every time I go there I get the business class rooms because of the ability to use the lounge, how can you go wrong with free drinks and food. It is with in walking distance of everything that you would want to go to. My wife had booked for another hotel our last visit to Chicago however that turned out to be disappointing to say the least. I will only stay and give 5 out of 5 to a couple of places and this is one of them. I love the view as well as the always helpful staff. This is definitely a place that I tell everyone to stay and the management really are on top of there game. My hat goes off to you.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank TheRealFact
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

First Happy New Year!

I cannot thank you enough for the glowing review and comments. That's what makes us want to continue doing this job, when our guests are happy and let everyone know!

Thank you for your continued patronage and I hope to welcome you back soon in 2014!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,941)

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed here during a recent trip to Chicago. The hotel location is very good and is in easy walking distance to most of the major tourist attractions. The hotel itself is impressive inside, both in the public areas and the rooms themselves. Our room wasn't huge but was very nice and had everything we needed. The staff were very helpful and the underground parking garage was easy to find and use!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you loved your stay with us and that the location was ideal for your needs. I hope to welcome you back during your next stay in Chicago.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Nice place to stay,,,great service, rooms, restaurant, bar, and location. Staff is very helpful and friendly, room was very nice, bed was comfortable, and I enjoy the bar and food. I had no complaints with my stay and no issues!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am honored you loved your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I was not aware of this Hotel being in the Heart of Downtown Chicago. Have stayed at many of the others Downtown. I can honestlt say that by far this was the best Hotel i have stayed in for the Value i received. The rooms and amenities were great as well as the attention received by all staff. In the future this will be my choice to stay, when spending nights in Downtown Chicago.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! I could not be more pleased to be your hotel of choice here in the city! I will also be sure to share your compliments with our team! I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is now our favorite hotel in downtown Chicago. The rooms are AWESOME -- someone really thought out every little detail to make it comfortable and innovative. How great to have the light automatically come on in the closet and when you use your key card, and shining down on the luggage bench so you can see the contents in your bag. Each side of the bed had reading lights in the right places. Windows are floor to ceiling. Would love to duplicate that fantastic bathroom in our house especially the huge walk in shower with the rain shower head. Also, when I called in to alert staff that I have fragrance allergies, Scott arranged to set aside a room for me and have it cleaned without fragrant chemicals. The service was genuinely caring for all employees. Everyone in the hotel greeted us when we walked by. In addition, the lobby is beautiful and comfortable with sectional sofas and a wall of gas fireplaces. There is a door in the lobby that leads directly to the pedway, so you can walk thru a lot of downtown without going outside in bad weather. Great Chicago location --Millenium Park is only a block away.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am pleased that you had such a memorable visit with us and that our team was helpful throughout your stay. I will be sure to share your compliments with Scott. I am also glad that you were impressed with the room design and that there are aspects you hope to incorporate into your home. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed December 13, 2013

The Radisson Blu staff was so nice, welcoming and helpful! Our stay was a true pleasure and we will definitely go back to the Radisson Blu next time we go to Chicago! And the room was perfect to end our wonderful honeymoon

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us for such a special occasion! I am glad that you had a wonderful honeymoon and that our hotel was a great final destination for your trip. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I love Chicago. We live about 3 hours away by car, so we end up in Chicago for long weekends multiple times a year. If we fly somewhere, we fly out of ORD, so we always build an extra day or 2 into our trip so we can visit.

We have stayed in a number of downtown hotels. The Aqua always looked intriguing to me, with the wavy facade and balconies, but the price was always very high. We are Club Carlson members, and to my delight I received an email from them with a very good offer for that hotel.. so we jumped on it and stayed a couple of nights in September.

We had a corner balcony room on about the 20th floor.... north west corner. Look east, you can see Navy Pier. Look north, Michigan Avenue. Look South, Millennium Park... to the east, the Fairmont hotel... Amazing views. And on top of that, they were filming a scene for Chicago Fire on the corner of Columbus and Randolph... my wife is star struck, so this is was big plus for her.

The lobby and lobby bar was very modern, very chic, very clean. You felt very upscale as soon as you walked in. The front desk and check in was efficient and flawless.

The room was amazing. It was large, modern, clean. My wife has a thing about bathrooms. The room could be amazing, but if the bathroom had issues, we wouldn't be back. The bathroom was among the nicest of any hotel room we had ever stayed in.

Some people mention the firestation causing noise. I didn't find that to be the case, and we were right above it. I guess we just have realistic expectations of noise levels in the downtown area of one of the biggest cities in the midwest....

We didn't use their parking, as I expected it to be expensive. There is a lot that is about 3 blocks away near the Embassy Suites that is considerably less expensive, if you don't mind your car being outside.

Room Tip: if you can spend a little extra money, and if the weather is nice, request a balcony room on a highe...