“Understated Luxury, wonderful comfort and professionalism”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #24 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have to write this review for the Blu Aqua because they made my stay so special. My wife and I just completed a stay here 9/27 - 9/30. We were celebrating a very special event and I had debated staying at this hotel vs the Park Hyatt. In fact I had reservations at the Park Hyatt but cancelled them at the last minute and booked the Blu Aqua instead. I am so glad I did.

We checked in and the front desk was quick and efficient. They acknowledged my gold status and I was quickly given my room keys and they also gave a brief overview of the hotel. I appreciate a fast check in as I want to get to my room but I also appreciated the quick overview. The desk agent struck the perfect balance.

We got to the room and found out that we had been upgraded to a Park Suite! It was so beautiful with hardwood floors and a separate living room. The GM also had a personalized note in our room with some snacks congratulating us on our special event. Perfect service.

The room, you have to really look at the pictures and even then they don't do the room justice. The room was airy and beautiful with hard wood floors and a great view of millennium park.

The fitness facilities are some of the best I have seen at a hotel. They have a lot of free weight options and lots cardio equipment. They even have an indoor basketball court! They have an indoor and outdoor pool and an indoor and outdoor hot tub as well as an outdoor kiddie pool.

Location is great as its minutes from millennium park and also pretty close to the mag mile.

Their lounge is well staffed, when I say this I mean that the people working there are courteous and helpful, not pretentious at all. They serve wonderful snacks and wine in the evening and a very good breakfast selection in the morning.

I have typically stayed at Hyatts but I think I am going to change my pattern when I am in Chicago and Minneapolis. The Blu brand is that good.

Thank you Blu Aqua, look forward to my next stay there in December!

Room Tip: Definitely try to get a high floor room as the hotel is right next to a fire station.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

I can't thank you enough for spending your special celebration with us or for your wonderful review. I am honored that you loved your experience and was happy to help make it a little more special for you and your wife. I look forward to welcoming you back in December!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Over a week since we returned to England from the wonderful city of Chicago.
Stayed for 5 nights to celebrate a combination of our 32nd wedding anniversary & my wife's 50th birthday, we couldn't have chosen a better place to stay.
I'm sure there are many quality hotels in Chicago but for our stay the Radisson Blu Aqua fulfilled everything we wanted & more.
The "happy Birthday/Anniversary" greeting upon our arrival, our room upgrade, the thoughtful gift in our room & the personal letter of appreciation from Mr. Giacotto made us feel really welcome, thank you to all the hotel staff who were so friendly & polite during our stay.
We had a park view room with balcony that gave us a view overlooking the Millennium park, the lake & the hotel gardens which were another great feature of this hotel.
Ideally situated for easy walking distance for the parks areas, the river & the magnificent mile made this another good choice. Being within a few minutes walk of all the 'tourist' areas & yet being away from the main drag so that you weren't stepping out of the hotel door onto busy streets gave the ideal combination.
After a tiring day of exploring the city, making use of the entertaining & informative hop-on-hop-off buses, we had a meal at the Filinni restaurant in the hotel & were very pleased with the quality of the food & service.
Overall an excellent choice of hotel for our first & hopefully not last stay in Chicago, we absolutely loved the city & the hotel was the icing on the cake made even better with the thoughtful additions that put the cherry on top too!

Room Tip: Simply choose this hotel, you won't be disappointed!
2  Thank Flip351

Thank you for spending two special occasions with us. I am happy that you had a wonderful anniversary and birthday celebration here at our hotel and appreciate your review. I am glad that the location and amenities were perfect for your needs and even happier that we could make it even more special. I hope to have the opporturnity to welcome back you and your wife soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Really cool Hotel perfectly located in Chicago. All facilities are top of the line. The gym got even a basket ball court. The service is really high and all personal are genuine helpfull and service minded. Have had the previlge to be served by Danielle in the bistro two evenings in row and she's really something extra. Great drinks and food.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you loved your experience at the hotel and will be sure to share your compliments with Danielle and our team. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Nothing compares to what Radisson Blu can offer you in Chicago. This was our third stay in two years at the Blu and we definitely will be coming back. The service and style have remained high. I admit, the first time we were thinking of saving a few bucks by going somewhere else. Once we came to our senses we realized that for a few more bucks we can have more amenities available to us (fantastic gym, pool, spa, deck jogging path, luxurious rooms - WIFI, views, great restaurant/bar - Filinni, and near by offsite amenities - Lake Shore East Park, Millennium Park, Mariano's Market, etc). King Park View Room is our favorite.

Room Tip: King Park View Room our personal favorite.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am honored that we have become your home here in Chicago and that you continue to choose us as your favorite hotel. I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here sep 7-10 - this hotel is awesome. Room was great- clean, pretty, comfy, quiet. It has an awesome outdoor area which includes a pool, running track, BBQ grills etc. it was very convenient to walk to Andy's Jazz Club and Hard Rock hotel. Concierge was also very helpful. If you are not familiar w the city ask about best way to get from place to place esp if walking. Would definitely stay here again! Also - even tho fire dept right next door.....we didn't really hear them!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you had such a nice stay or that our team was helpful. I will be sure to share your compliments with them. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

General Manage

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have stayed at the Radisson Blu a minimum of 10 times and it continues to be the favorite. Staff is always friendly, service is great, rooms are always very clean. Corner rooms offer great views and provide the most light. If you stay in business class the club lounge offers an evening wine or beer and light snacks, at breakfast- oatmeal and danish is offered and throughout the day beverages like coke and sparkling water are offered. Club Carlson does offer the best point reward system I have found. Booking direct with the hotel you'll be offered eStandby upgrades. Pool is very nice, outdoor pool area is excellent nice running track and gathering areas along with nice views.

Room Tip: Corner rooms offer extra light.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

I can't thank you enough for making us your home here in Chicago or for your wonderful review. We are honored to be your favorite location in the city, and I will share your compliments with our team. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Loved this hotel, very modern, staff was very nice and attentive and everything is clean and almost grand new. Restaurant and bar in the hotel are very nice, internet was reasonably fast and everything went smoothly. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled you had a great stay and enjoyed the design of the hotel. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in Chicago.