“It was a pleasure.”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Troy, Ohio, United States
“It was a pleasure.”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I am not from a big city and this was my first experience in Chicago. The hotel staff first pleased me by just staying on the phone and getting me there! Check in was a breeze and I was able to check in early which was great. The greatest part of any hotel experience starts with the staff and they did not disappoint. When I got to my room I was pleasantly surprised by the beauty of the room. I was on the 11th floor and the view was just fine. The bathroom had a large walk in shower with a rain type shower head. The only complaints I have is no fridge space to stash my water bottle and a sweet treat I had for myself and that if you do not pay the extra for valet you can't take your car in and out. Just say you only offer valet!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and that our team was helpful with all of your needs. I will be sure to share your compliments with each of them. I would, however, like to apologize that you did not like the self parking option. I am truly sorry for any disappointment this caused for you. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (790)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Juan Capistrano, California
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 5yr wedding anniversary at the Radisson Blu Chicago during the Labor Day weekend. The outside of the hotel is beautiful! Indeed, even the architectural river cruise tour mentions the Radisson Blu's unique design.

The Radisson Blu Chicago is also conveniently located. We walked almost everywhere. There are a lot of restaurants, stores, and bars nearby.

The lobby of the hotel is breathtaking. It's large, but not too large. It is also very elegant, modern, and classy. We really liked the lighting and the restaurant in the background.

Despite it being Labor Day weekend, we were given a complimentary upgrade to a spacious room with a view of the park and the lake. The room was very modern. It was the most modern hotel that I have every stayed at. It had hard wood floors, a wrap around balcony, a fridge, flat screen tv, and a very nice bathroom. Everything was clean.

With all that being said, the hotel staff is what makes this hotel so special. Everyone from the check-in desk employee to the manager treated us as though we were the only hotel guests staying at the property. They were all very nice and very helpful.

In conclusion, we really enjoyed our stay at the Radisson Blu Chicago. If we ever go back to Chicago, we will be sure to stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor so you can appreciate the views.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John S
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! I am honored you spent your anniversary with us, and I could not be happier that you had such a wonderful experience at the hotel. I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. I hope we see you again soon!

Happy Anniversary,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hi all,

I'm from Ireland and just back home after spending 7 nights in Radisson Blu Aqua, Chicago.
There is nothing I could fault with this hotel. Amazing location right beside millenium park, art gallery and 5 mins from Michigen Avenue where all the shops are. The restaurant filinis is fab and so is bar. The rooms are so comfy and swimming pool was amazing with hot tub also...be sure to get up there early! and lastly staff were so great!

Room Tip: we had great room but some had a balcony which would have been nice as it was great weather when we...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you loved both the hotel and Filini and that you enjoyed the location and view. I hope we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Bishop's Stortford, Herts, England
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were in room 1625, balcony, park view. I took a previous reviewers advice and asked for a corner room - great recommendation!

The room was massive in size, spotlessly clean, very comfortable bed - we slept SO well - very large bathroom with huge bath which I loved, seperate walk in shower and loo, plus work area with large desk at one end (with second tv!).

There was mini bar but we never touched it. Coffee maker and assorted tea bags. We took a kettle as the coffee maker is useless for brewing tea! Lovely large mugs and complimentary bottled water in the room.

The room had 3 sets of floor to ceiling double windows and one single, so it felt incredibly light and airy. Two windows opened and the balcony was a big bonus. We turned the a/c off and had a super cool breeze come through the balcony and windows. We were not disturbed at night either with everything open. The view over the park was lovely and we could see Navy Pier - at sunrise and at night the view was even more special.

Very large safe in room plus high quality iron and ironing board and hairdryer. Wifi was free, why can't UK hotels be sensible and do this!!

The hotel's location is spot on for tourists, everything to see is not far away and easily walkable. The excellent Mariano's supermarket and cafe are 2 minutes walk away and we got first class food and fruit etc from there so didn't eat in the hotel.

All the staff we met were wonderfully friendly, cheerful and helpful.

It was a lovely touch to find the 'birthday' plate in the room on arrival!

I'd recommend the Blu Aqua whole heartedly and really hope we can go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, park view with balcony if you can
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dedicatedtraveller
I can't thank you enough for your wonderful review. I am honored that you spent your birthday celebration with us, and I am happy that you loved your room and view. I am also glad that our location was ideal for all of your favorite destinations here in the city. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We've just returned from a 2 week stay at this hotel. I chose it on the basis of the reviews from the Trip Advisor community. They didn't let us down. (We normally do our own travel arrangements but this was a big birthday - the big 60 - for me so we let an agent handle it all. BUT we named the hotel we wanted.)
I can only reiterate all the postives that have been published. The location is wonderful, there is a business centre with free internet access, the rooms are spacious and as for the bathrooms - well I wanted to ship the bath tub home....!
Also it's right across the street from the Fairmont, which although bigger I don't think could be any better than the Radisson. Highly recommended, we had a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: If you want a bath tub as well as a high tech shower don't forget to ask!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KokoLB
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience! I am truly honored that you chose to spend your 60th birthday celebration with us! I am glad that you loved your room and had a great experience in Chicago. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stunning / unique architectural "must stay" top shelf hotel. It is the first Radisson Blu Hotel in the United States. The management and staff were focused on the customer experience. This was business trip with a little pleasure thrown in. The views were great, the room was comfortable, clean, and ultra modern / contemporary design. The hotel is within walking distance from Millennium Park, North Michigan Avenue and the Chicago lakefront. We enjoyed the Fitness Centre and spa couple with the outdoor garden, complete with running trail and lap pool. A stunning / unique architectural "must stay" top shelf hotel.

By the way, the bacon a breakfast was the "BEST" ever.....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank NaptownCouple
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am thrilled that you loved everything about your stay, right down to the bacon served at breakfast! I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here for three nights for a conference hosted there.

The room was clean and modern, with a very funky wardrobe. I always appreciate hotels where they have iron & ironing boards in the room without you having to ask. Wi-fi was fast and free, another plus.

I had no mobile reception whatsoever in my room (with T-mobile) which was a real nuisance.

I had a Park View room with a balcony, from where I could see Millennium Park, just. It was a really easy stroll to the park from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed the location of the hotel. I am also glad to hear that your conference went well. I would, however, like to apologize that you did not have a proper phone connection in your room. I am looking further into this with our IT Manager, and I am sorry for any inconvenience this caused. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!