“Amazing Hotel!!”

Ranked #27 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hi all,

I'm from Ireland and just back home after spending 7 nights in Radisson Blu Aqua, Chicago.
There is nothing I could fault with this hotel. Amazing location right beside millenium park, art gallery and 5 mins from Michigen Avenue where all the shops are. The restaurant filinis is fab and so is bar. The rooms are so comfy and swimming pool was amazing with hot tub also...be sure to get up there early! and lastly staff were so great!

Room Tip: we had great room but some had a balcony which would have been nice as it was great weather when we...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you loved both the hotel and Filini and that you enjoyed the location and view. I hope we see you again the next time you are in Chicago!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We were in room 1625, balcony, park view. I took a previous reviewers advice and asked for a corner room - great recommendation!

The room was massive in size, spotlessly clean, very comfortable bed - we slept SO well - very large bathroom with huge bath which I loved, seperate walk in shower and loo, plus work area with large desk at one end (with second tv!).

There was mini bar but we never touched it. Coffee maker and assorted tea bags. We took a kettle as the coffee maker is useless for brewing tea! Lovely large mugs and complimentary bottled water in the room.

The room had 3 sets of floor to ceiling double windows and one single, so it felt incredibly light and airy. Two windows opened and the balcony was a big bonus. We turned the a/c off and had a super cool breeze come through the balcony and windows. We were not disturbed at night either with everything open. The view over the park was lovely and we could see Navy Pier - at sunrise and at night the view was even more special.

Very large safe in room plus high quality iron and ironing board and hairdryer. Wifi was free, why can't UK hotels be sensible and do this!!

The hotel's location is spot on for tourists, everything to see is not far away and easily walkable. The excellent Mariano's supermarket and cafe are 2 minutes walk away and we got first class food and fruit etc from there so didn't eat in the hotel.

All the staff we met were wonderfully friendly, cheerful and helpful.

It was a lovely touch to find the 'birthday' plate in the room on arrival!

I'd recommend the Blu Aqua whole heartedly and really hope we can go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room, park view with balcony if you can
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dedicatedtraveller

I can't thank you enough for your wonderful review. I am honored that you spent your birthday celebration with us, and I am happy that you loved your room and view. I am also glad that our location was ideal for all of your favorite destinations here in the city. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We've just returned from a 2 week stay at this hotel. I chose it on the basis of the reviews from the Trip Advisor community. They didn't let us down. (We normally do our own travel arrangements but this was a big birthday - the big 60 - for me so we let an agent handle it all. BUT we named the hotel we wanted.)
I can only reiterate all the postives that have been published. The location is wonderful, there is a business centre with free internet access, the rooms are spacious and as for the bathrooms - well I wanted to ship the bath tub home....!
Also it's right across the street from the Fairmont, which although bigger I don't think could be any better than the Radisson. Highly recommended, we had a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: If you want a bath tub as well as a high tech shower don't forget to ask!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KokoLB
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience! I am truly honored that you chose to spend your 60th birthday celebration with us! I am glad that you loved your room and had a great experience in Chicago. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stunning / unique architectural "must stay" top shelf hotel. It is the first Radisson Blu Hotel in the United States. The management and staff were focused on the customer experience. This was business trip with a little pleasure thrown in. The views were great, the room was comfortable, clean, and ultra modern / contemporary design. The hotel is within walking distance from Millennium Park, North Michigan Avenue and the Chicago lakefront. We enjoyed the Fitness Centre and spa couple with the outdoor garden, complete with running trail and lap pool. A stunning / unique architectural "must stay" top shelf hotel.

By the way, the bacon a breakfast was the "BEST" ever.....

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NaptownCouple

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am thrilled that you loved everything about your stay, right down to the bacon served at breakfast! I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Chicago!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here for three nights for a conference hosted there.

The room was clean and modern, with a very funky wardrobe. I always appreciate hotels where they have iron & ironing boards in the room without you having to ask. Wi-fi was fast and free, another plus.

I had no mobile reception whatsoever in my room (with T-mobile) which was a real nuisance.

I had a Park View room with a balcony, from where I could see Millennium Park, just. It was a really easy stroll to the park from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed the location of the hotel. I am also glad to hear that your conference went well. I would, however, like to apologize that you did not have a proper phone connection in your room. I am looking further into this with our IT Manager, and I am sorry for any inconvenience this caused. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

What a pleasant surprise! The hotel builiding itself was remarkable, resembling a wave from Lake Michigan. My check in was quick and prompt, the valet gracious and helpful and my room was absolute perfection. I was placed in a corner room on the 12th floor with gorgeous views of the city and a wrap around terrace, which is a rare luxury in a big city hotel. The decor was tasteful, modern and clean but warm and inviting at the same time...not too minimal which I prefer. The room service and restuarant were not on par with the hotel amenities and staff, however, and I would not reccomend eating at the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for you review. I am happy that you loved the design of the hotel and your room. I am also happy that our team was helpful throughout your stay. I would, however, like to apologize that your experience with room service and Filini was disappointing. I am truly sorry for any frustration this caused for you. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on a recent business trip. I cannot find anything negative to say about this hotel. The amenities were numerous, the room was clean and decorated tastefully, and the service was top notch. We also had a view of the city which added a nice touch. I highly recommend this hotel to anybody wanting to stay in Chicago.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am honored that you and your husband had a wonderful stay and that you could not loved your room and the amenities. I look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Chicago!