“Amazing mini get-a-way”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #28 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My husband and I wanted to visit Chicago as a little mini vacation. We began looking at hotels and the Aqua Blu caught our attention. We booked a 4 night stay from Monday through Thursday and had our entire tripped planned out. When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted as soon as we walked through the door. Our room was absolutely gorgeous, as well as the view. There weren't many people out at the pool and the outdoor running track was amazing! The one downside about the pool was that it was only 3 feet deep. We enjoyed room service (although it was a tad bit expensive) and enjoyed our stay so much, we ended up extending for another night. They gave us an additional discounted price, and we left very happy. We will definitely be planning another trip back to Chicago and will definitely be staying here again.

3  Thank Amber S
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am glad that you and your husband had such a great get-away here in the city and that you enjoyed your time at the hotel! I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Write a ReviewReviews (4,996)

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our son wanted to visit Chicago for his high school graduation trip and we were all pleased with this hotel. It's very unusual profile helped us find our way back on a number of occasions. Very easy access to all the touristy spots. The beds were comfortable and we could see the Navy Pier from our balcony. Parking and the room were expensive, but that's the price you pay to stay centrally located. Overall a great trip!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Englewoodlian

Congratulations to your son, and thank you for leaving us a review! I am glad that you and your family stayed with us for such a special occasion and am happy that the location was perfect for your needs. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Poor start to our stay on arrival & with first room we were allocated. However when we spoke to housekeeping assistant manager quickly addressed our issues & we were given a free upgrade. This made our stay a very good one & we really enjoyed Chicago.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your overall experience at the hotel, and that our housekeeping team was able to assist with your needs. I am truly sorry that your initial impression and room were not to your liking and for any inconvenience this caused for you. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Enjoyed a resort experience staying at this downtown Chicago hotel. Positioned just off Michigan Avenue, with fantastic views of the City Skyline, Chicago River, Navy Pier, Lake Michigan and south to Millennium Park. Also conveniently located and accessible to shops, restaurants and sites of the city, yet secluded like an urban oasis.

A sincere welcome as we arrived from the door staff to reception. Energetic and accommodating staff throughout the hotel as well. Attuned to anticipating guest's questions and needs, with attentive service.

The room was spacious, well appointed, with a contemporary feel and design. With a really comfortable bed. The bathroom was like immersing into a personal spa, from the soaking tub to the separate rain shower.

Weather permitting, a great outdoor deck area to enjoy lounging by the pool along with views of Lake Michigan. If not, an indoor pool and jacuzzi.

Perfect for a romantic weekend, a theater night, or meeting up with friends. Your choice, your pace.

4  Thank Duncan C

Thank you for sharing your experience! I could not be happier that you had such a wonderful experience or that you enjoyed the amenities and location. I am also glad that the room felt like a personal spa! I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

A great location within walking distance to attractions at Navy Pier, Millennium Park and shopping along the Magnificent Mile (N. Michigan Avenue). The Aqua Blue is an excellent hotel with modern rooms, excellent bathroom (some with soaker tubs), well-equipped exercise facility, large swimming pool, free wifi, and other amenities. We stayed four nights and were then surprised at check-out with a parking fee of $188 (even higher >$60/night if valet), after paying $15 to $20/night in Pittsburg, Cincinnati and Cleveland...we were later told that parking rates are posted on the website, parking garage and in lobby but we saw none. Check-in was awkward and protracted in late afternoon as we were told there were no more rooms with bath tubs unless we upgraded to business class and $50 more per night, or overlooked the fire station, so we chose to listen to occasional emergency sirens for the soaker tub. We also had to wait almost 15 minutes for 1 of 4 servers to finally greet us in the bar with 75 percent vacant tables, and then were told no blender for frozen drinks (e.g., margarita). So great location, excellent rooms and facilities, but be prepared for some service hiccups and/or high parking fees.

Room Tip: Try to arrange your desired room amenities (e.g., soaker tub, or view of Lake Michigan) at time of b...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for leaving us a review. I am happy that your overall experience at the hotel was positive, but I would like to apologize that there were some disappointing service aspects during your visit. I am sharing your concerns with our team so that we can improve in this areas moving forward. I would also like to apologize that you were not aware of the cost of parking. We work diligently with our parking company to ensure our rates our less than or equal to our competitors, but unfortunately Chicago parking rates are higher than they are in some other cities. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I spent a week on business in this hotel and thought it was great. I saw, but didn't use, the outdoor pool and associated facilities, which all looked good, but I did use the gym which was excellent and unusually large for a hotel (there's a small basketball area as well as the usual and unusually large number/selection of machines). My ordinary room was large and well appointed, with a coffee machine, free water and good free wifi. I had dinner in the restaurant once (very good) and in the bar twice (ditto) but didn't have breakfast and in both cases good value. There are lots of nearby diners etc in the Loop for cheaper or just different dining. There is a drugstore at the bottom of the hotel for anything that you'd forgotten to pack and the looked after my luggage very smoothly when I checked out on the Sunday. I always found taxis waiting outside although its walking distance for most business meetings and Loop visitor attractions (the hotel is on the top of Millennium park and very close to Michigan ave and the architecture boat trip). I thought it was great value too -- but I guess that all depends on when you're going and I guess late July is a slack time for business users.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank John_Dickie_LDN
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am happy that you had a great experience with us and enjoyed your room design, the restaurant and the gym. I am also glad that our location was perfect for your needs. I hope we see you again the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Fantastic location in the heart of the city. Modern rooms nicely decorated. Free wifi, complimentary bottles of water,...
Didn't use the hotel restaurant for better options close to the hotel.
One of the best downtown hotel to spend a few days, exploring the city.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. Ask for the Navy Pier view.
7  Thank Steph74_10
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you had such a great experience and enjoyed exploring the city. I hope you return to the hotel the next time you are in Chicago!