“Wedding Visit”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Joliet, Illinois
“Wedding Visit”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The outside facade describes the name of this hotel, moving waters. The inside is stunning contemporary, stone, glass, wood and steel are all well represented. The room was excellent, the bathroom was stunning. This is a dream escape for anyone

Room Tip: Any room is probably excellent in this place
2 Thank John_Vallee
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed the inside and outside alike and that your wedding visit was pleasant. I hope we see you again soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (790)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We decided to return to Chicago as a stop over before touring the west side and there was no hesitation what hotel we would pick. As ever it never disappointed,we were very late checking in (2am) as our flight was delayed several hours but we still received a warm welcome from Pierce and an upgrade which was great.Every part of this hotel couldn't be faulted,all staff friendly,the hotel spotless and always kept to perfection.Although the hotel isn't slap bang in the centre its worth the five minute walk,we hopefully return to the Lovely city of Chicago it will always be our choice.

Room Tip: Out of the two room we have stayed in both are great.The park view is nice and ask for a balcony,the...
2 Thank debbie2373
Thank you for returning to the hotel! I am honored that you had another great stay and that we will always be your hotel of choice here in the city! I will also share your kind words with Pierce! I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

We love the Radisson Aqua Blue in Chicago! The hotel is a work of art in itself, and we really enjoy all the modern design details. Service, accommodations, and the restaurant (Filini) are all outstanding. We love lounging in the super comfy bed with the breeze rolling in off the lake.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank JaneZ507
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the breeze from the balcony. I hope we see you again soon!

Ohio
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed here this weekend for my cousin's wedding and the hotel and ballroom were fabulous. We had exceptional service from beginning to end and an extended check out. The concierge was great and very helpful. We had a late flight and the hotel graciously kept our bags in storage for the day after check out. We took an orange line from Midway to Randolph/Wabash and then walked the two blocks to the hotel, which for us was ok, as long as you have rolling bags and nothing heavy you should be ok. I purchased a 3 day pass for unlimited use. There is a fee if you bring a car and park it in the hotel garage. Those fees seem to be rather high anywhwere in Chicago so I never rent a car and always use the train. The hotel has taxis waiting should you want one though. The location was in walking distance to Michigan Avenue and Wacker and the river and there was a CVS and a grocery nearby if you needed anything. The hotel is modern contemporary and we had room 926. You could see Navy Pier from our room. The only issue- not the hotel's fault, was our room faced the Chicago Fire Department and they had a couple of late night early morning calls so when they set the fire truck sirens we could hear it, which woke me up. My only complaint on most hotels are the hotel pillows. They are usually not good and in this case I had the same issue and got a neck kink, like I do at most hotels. I guess I like my memory foam pillows or a harder pillow. We met a friend at The Palm Restaurant which was only a walk around the corner of the building so that was convenient as well. The bathroom and the room were very clean and the shower head was amazing. I have attached a few photos of the room. My husband enjoyed the fitness room and the indoor basketball court, however you need to bring a towel and a water bottle because he could not find those in the facility. There is an indoor and outdoor pool and one small outdoor pool for kids I guess and an outdoor running track and cabanas. There is also an outdoor hot tub we used. One thing to note is that the hotel also has livable condos above and the owners of those use the fitness center so it may get busy at times in case you are a fitness person. We had wedding discounted room rates but I would stay here again. The fact that you could go from your room to ballroom was also a bonus for wedding guests.

2 Thank debblabs
Thank you for your review. I could not be happier that you had such a nice experience or that your cousin's wedding went so well. I am also glad that you enjoyed the room and view of Navy Pier. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the city!

Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua for five nights in mid-June. The location was just perfect for us. It's at the end of Millenium Park, just one block off of Michigan Avenue, and very close to the Chicago River. In one direction is the Park and museums. In the other was shopping and restaurants. Our room didn't have a balcony, but we faced the Park. The bed was very comfortable--firm but not too firm. The room was on the small side but very clean. The fitness center is large and is well-equipped with weights (dumbbells and machines) and cardio equipment. It was nice to be able to get in a few workouts without having to pay extra. The steam room and sauna are in a common area outside of the spa and are co-ed. Although the room has a coffeemaker, we didn't like the coffee, so we got our coffee at a Starbucks that is just a block away and opens very early. The drugstore in the first floor of the hotel was very convenient, as were the nearby fast-food restaurants. The staff was friendly and eager to please. We had two errors on my bill and they were resolved quickly and to my satisfaction. We would stay here again because we had a good experience and because of the location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank RivrVuMan
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I couldn't be happier that you had such a great experience or that our location was ideal for your travel plans. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 29, 2013

With the knowledge that we would be meeting our kids & grand kids in Chicago, we selected a hotel with two swimming pools in a central location. The Radisson Blu Aqua was the right choice ! Wonderful location, river view, and a very friendly staff. With only thirty minuets to catch a river cruise , the concierge went out of his way to get us tickets and a cab to make sure we made it in time for our boating adventure. The top several floors of the hotel has access to the "executive lounge" , which is not over the top but very convenient and is an amenity. We will stay there again.

Room Tip: Try for a room with view and balcony on a floor with access to the executive lounge.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Thomas H
Thank you for your review! I am honored that your entire family enjoyed their experience at the hotel and that our concierge team was especially helpful. I hope that we see you again soon!

Indianapolis,IN
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was our first time at the Radisson Blue Aqua and it was pretty nice. The rooms are nice, the beds comfortable, and the service was fine as well.

The only gripes were trying to get valet parking done since it was insanely busy and they had several buses and taxis blocking the valet... who was gone (only 1 working and he was running a car). The other was the elevators, which there are only 2 and can sometimes take a minute to get when busy, not to mention poorly lit.

I would stay there again as it's nicely located near the south end of the Magnificent Mile and Millennium Park, etc.

Room Tip: Not cheap and no breakfast is included but the Wildberry Cafe around the corner on Randolph is fanta...
2 Thank No_to_barkers
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your experience and that the our location was perfect for your needs. I would, however, like to apologize that there was a delay with the valet service and elevators. We do actually have 4 elevators dedicated to guest room floors. Two at each end of the fireplace. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you. I hope we see you again soon!