“ultra modern”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
in the Big Apple
“ultra modern”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

One of the most beautiful hotels we have ever stayed at. Beautiful room with 240 degree balcony looking out on great architecture of Chicago, with glimpses of the river. Clean, modern furnishings. Coup de grace: immense bathroom with tub, separate shower stall, separate toilet area. Biggest gym, basketball court, weight room we have ever seen in a hotel (usually you get a broken down treadmill and a few bikes). Lobby has a fireplace along a whole wall and plenty of seating. In hotel restaurant as well. Only a few blocks from river in one direction and from Millenium Park in the other. We were very content! All personnel very friendly and helpful.

Only suggestions: Bathroom could use a chair or little divan (it's certainly big enough) to throw your things down on and sink area could have a few more shelves to store cosmetics on. Restaurant was ok, not more. Outdoor roof pool was only 4 feet deep which was a disappointment; indoor pool looked nice. Track around pool area was great for walking/running.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank marre5
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you enjoyed your experience with us or that the room exceeded your expectations. I am also glad that you were able to utilize the fitness center and outdoor track. I will be sure to share both your compliments and suggestions with our team. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (812)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 20, 2013

My my my where do I start? I guess with one word EXCEPTIONAL! The Radisson Blu is a very modern that is very service oriented. When I pulled up to the front immediately my door was opened by the doorman..."Welcome to the Radisson Blu, sir" As I walked in the door I was blown away by the gold lobby. My guest room had the same WOW factor, it had all natural hardwood floors and was very bright and airy. I also have to mention what an amazing view of Millenium Park. The room was controlled by an ipad that is provided in the room, so I though that was pretty cool. I was also given club access so I headed upstairs to see what that was all about. I was greeted by Chantel who served me a a fantastic Merlot and was very charming. The club was very chic and once again cutting edge for a Midwest hotel. For dinner one night I went to Filini and had the Scaloppine. OMG it was the best I ever had and my server Emily had the most charming smile. Such an amazing hotel I can not wait to come back again.

2 Thank Paul C
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
I can't thank you enough for your fantastic comments. I am thrilled that you enjoyed both Filini and the hotel. I am also glad that from the moment you arrived to the moment you departed the design exceeded your expectations. I will share your compliments with our team, including Chantal and Emily! I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Bothell, Washington
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I had to travel from SEA to CHI for 2 days to meet with a customer, and we managed to get into the Radisson Hotel. the place is gorgeous, really nice rooms, great gym and nice restaurant bar.
The rooms are extremely nice, great sized, and lovely beds. Well furnished.

The location is ideal for work in the core. Some walking, a few pubs and bars around the corner. Its right across the st from the Fairmont.
The internet in the room, like most hotels, was miserable. I couldn't get online over WIFI or Wired at the desk in the room. I had to call tech support several times to get connected, and they needed to register my MAC address only over Wired. WIFI never happened for me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank J_Wetty
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and that the rooms and location were perfect for your needs. I would, however, like to apologize that the internet service was not working properly. I am addressing your concerns and am truly sorry for any inconvenience or frustration this caused. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This property is so modern! The lobby is small and not much to it, but the public spaces are very nice. I was surprised at the modern amenities, spaciousness and feel of the hotel rooms. They are so cool! No carpets - wood (probably Pergo, but hey) flooring - floor to ceiling windows. We had a suite. The hotel 'book' featuring spa, menus, amenities, etc. is an iPad! There is, of course, an iPhone charger. I wouldn't hesitate to return to this property. It's directly across the street from the Fairmont, so it's a good location. This hotel is also pet friendly.

Room Tip: Upgrade yourself to a suite, you will love it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SafariSnob
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your room and that you loved the suite upgrade! I will be sure to share your compliments with our team. I hope we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Took our three grandsons and their parents to Chicago for an adventure with a big city. We had that and more. Stayed at Radisson Blu Aqua because of it's location and the ability to get rooms with two queens (needed two) vs. double beds. We knew we would be paying a premium, but wanted a good (walking) location to all the sights....it was just that. The bonus was our room with balcony was above the Fire Station and they were training on the hook and ladder while there so boys had a big treat. While this is NOT a kid hotel, with it's contemporary upscale ambiance, they have accommodations for kids. Restaurant had a kid's price for the buffet breakfast that was well worth the indulgence. I had some issues with the decor in the room. It was a bit dark and too contemporary for my comfort, however that also made it very unique. It was unlike the many many hotels I've stayed in, which was a novelty. The best part of our stay was the wonderful service from everyone, including the maintenance workers. Pool area was a great place to see the fireworks from Navy Pier too. Chicago is expensive for a family, so if you are going to pay the premium this is a terrific option. Would be really good choice for adults who like style and class. Lobby is wonderful and bar is alive. We also loved that the hotel is the third tallest building in Chicago (87 floors) and was designed by a woman. Very much a statement of the times.

Room Tip: Of the two room, one had a more open layout and a view of the ferris wheel at Navy Pier. Ask for de...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MMtravelprincess
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you and your family had such a nice stay and that the two queen beds were perfect for your needs. I am also glad that you enjoyed the brunch buffet in Filini. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The Lobby and rooms are gorgeous! Modern, chic, well designed. The lobby bar food was not up to standard for a hotel like this. It looked great but the food fell flat. I'm of italian decent and have been to it lay numerous times. The Filini Bar wood fired pizza's were sub par. The crust was not
good and the pizzas we had were not baked long enough to crisp the bottom as you would expect. I think the solution is simple. Get a good chef to oversee the staff's work. The upstairs Filini Restaurant was very good. We had fish entrees that were prepared nicely with fine ingredients. The service was good in both areas. The room service menu was very limited and the food was so-so. Comfy beds, good views, nice room amenities, and lovely rain shower.
We liked the location and would stay there again.

Room Tip: If booking through a third party and you want a king bed room you may end up with two queens instead...
2 Thank drums45
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am happy that you enjoyed the design of the hotel and your guest room. I am also glad that your meal in Filini restaurant was delicious and fresh. I would, however, like to apologize that you did not enjoy Filini Bar or the room service selections. I will share your concerns with our Chef so that we can ensure better consistency in the future. I am truly sorry for any disappointment this caused for you and hope that you will return soon.

travelpiot65
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great rooms with a really neat modern contemporary design. Although a bit small they offered a great view of downtown. The lobby bar and restaurant were quite good with a fresh look and lots of good food and drinks. The Zen garden area is really a fun place to sit and unwind but you can't smoke there and have to completely leave the hotel outside to enjoy a cigar. The only drawback we had was that parking was $43 a day for self park and $53 for valet and its hard to find your way in and around this monster parking garage.The hotel location is ideal for walking around and cabs are plentiful as well. We would definitely go back here.

Room Tip: Ask for a southern view up high to enjoy the downtown area.
2 Thank travelpilot65
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review. I could not be more pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that the Zen Garden was the perfect place to relax after a long day. We do work closely with our parking company to offer competitive rates, but I apologize that you were not anticipating these charges. I hope to see you again on your next trip to Chicago!