Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
$528
Doubletree.com
  • Room Service
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
  • Breakfast included
$880
$675
The Peninsula
$433
$519
  • Restaurant
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$324
$309
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$521
  • Bar/Lounge
$484
Hilton.com
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$787
$607
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$288
Orbitz.com
5,109 results
All reviewsbusiness loungeoutdoor poolbasketball courtmillennium parkrunning trackfilini restaurantwrap around balconynavy pierpark viewhardwood floorsbeautiful hotelcorner roomfire stationrain showerthird floorfitness centergreat amenities
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is really a different type of hotel. On one hand I commend Radisson for trying something different, just not sure the execution is all there.

The doorman Leo was fantastic and friendly. Helped us with our bags and room change. Our first room was the standard room and it was small. We aren't used to downtown Chicago hotels, so asked to upgrade to a suite. The suite was bigger, but had a bad air freshener type of odor to it that caused my wife's allergies to fire up.

Management was great and let us leave the hotel at no charge. They deserve kudos for how they handled it. On the other hand, the room shouldn't have been in that condition.

The hotel itself is odd. The hallways are narrow and there are elevators scattered around, signs are hard to read in the hallways. We paid for the lounge that came with the suite and it was out of Coke and not much else was there (unlike Hiltons we have stayed at). The laminate (wood looking) floors make the rooms feel more sparse.

Location wise the hotel is a little off the main shopping area but close enough for a quick walk.

So nice effort trying to be different, but not a 4 or 5 star in my opinion.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am happy that Leo and our management staff were helpful throughout your stay, but I would like to apologize that you did not enjoy your experience at the hotel or the design of the rooms. We do also offer rooms with carpeting and a different design that may be more to your taste. Thank you again; I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I booked this place because it was next door to where my son works. Sweety Darling was driving, I was navigating -- totally seat of the pants. I knew Blu was located on the north end of the park. One lap around the block, two laps around the block, one harsh comment from the driver, and we double parked while I went inside to get the deal on parking. Wow, I',m sure I looked out of place, but they treated me like a friend. They said the valet wouldn't be necessary and they were correct. The parking garage is weather protected and right next door. They set us up with a corner room on the 15th floor. Regardless of your taste, this place is fascinating. Nothing is ordinary -- the lobby, lounge, halls, light switches, shower, bird's eye view, and I could go on. The probably reads like I don't get out much, and I don't as much as some people, but I've been around and this is way cool.
Here are a few thoughts:
We enjoyed an amusing and unusual wine and snack in the lounge while waiting for my son to get off work. The waitress was so nice. Most of the clientele were obviously twenty something urban professionals. We were not. Maybe that was why they were so nice.
We took a cab to Wildfire for dinner -- Totally Chicago, in a good way.
We took a cab to the Yolk for breakfast -- just OK.
I wish I could have stayed longer to use the gym. I will next time. There will be a next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Underhill7

Thank you for your review! I could not be happier that you had such a great stay with us and were able to enjoy Filini bar while waiting for your son. I am glad that you felt right at home; I will share your compliments with our team. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel is located a bit further away from the city centre but it is well done up and the rooms are excellent. I was pleased that they allowed me to have an early check in after a 21 hour flight from Malaysia. That allowed me to freshen up and take a tour of the city in the afternoon. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was great. I was happy with the service but the lobby entrace was rather small as the ground floor entrance area is shared with the service apartment lobby of the Blu building.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am happy that you enjoyed your experience and that our team was able to accommodate your arrival time. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Blu is a little off the beaten path. With so many hotel offerings downtown Chicago, one would be hard pressed to choose Blu. Again, not because of what it has for amenities and such but more to its location and proximity to the Miracle Mile. Now to the good stuff. The decor is modern and interesting with sharp edges and cool colors it will remind you of the W downtown Chicago somewhat. It's hip bars, pool area, and outside courtyard area make it easy to gather with friends to have drinks and converse. The rooms are kinda small but you'll find interesting lighting and design features that make the stay worth it. I do like the hotel and probably would recommend it however, it certainly has some tough competition along the lake!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Whaisley
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for leaving us a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your experience with us and that the outdoor areas and amenities exceeded your expectations. I would, however, like to apologize that you did not enjoy the location. We are located within 2 blocks of the Magnificent Mile, Millennium Park and a short walk to Navy Pier. I am truly sorry that this was not convenient for you or not the location you anticipated. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to Chicago.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Located in one of the most architecturally striking buildings in Chicago. The staff were excellent, the room was beautiful and extremely comfortable. They also accommodated my late checkout without a fee. Nice bedding and a hotel bathroom you can actually feel at home in. All around excellent experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you had such an enjoyable experience with us and that our team was able to assist with a late check out. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon!