“Beautiful, Wonderful, Will be back!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #19 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
WI
“Beautiful, Wonderful, Will be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Radisson Blu for a weekend away and we loved it. We are loyal Starwood members, but we wanted to try something new.
This hotel did not disappoint. It's beautiful, clean, the service is friendly and helpful.
The room was spotless, smelled wonderful, the bed was comfortable (they DO not, thankfully, have those sleep number beds) and we loved the shower. The location is perfect, right off of MI Ave and close to Millennium Park.
Public areas of the hotel were gorgeous, clean and very inviting.
We will be back and we would feel very comfortable having our 2 children with us as well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! I am truly honored that you had such a great stay and that your room was so comfortable. I hope we welcome you and your family back again soon!.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (769)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Stroud, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Fantastic hotel where the satff were helpful and informative. Great recetionist on check in and teh doorman was a real star. Food and restaurant very good and stylish. Room very clean and enough space with a good vire.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve B
Thank you for your review! I am happy that you had such a great stay and that our team was so helpful and engaging! I will share your compliments with each of them! I hope to welcome you back again soon!

century city
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I read such excellent reviews about the staff of the sales and catering dept at Blu Aqua that I was shocked and saddened that I had a series of negative experiences with them when I was trying to schedule a time to see the ballrooms as a potential venue for our wedding.

Despite weeks of e-mails and phone calls NO ONE bothered to call us back to schedule a visit. Moreover, when we did arrive (did I mentioned we flew out from Los Angeles) and there was still no word on whether or not a staff member could show us the ballrooms, we were told that "if we still wanted to see the place someone could unlock the rooms."

"Unlock the rooms," despite the fact that we flew from LA, e-mailed for two weeks and called, no one on the staff could be bothered to meet with us. Seeing as weddings are such huge revenue generators, that's a bold move in this economy.

Once again, while I respect the fact that others had great experiences, based on my interactions, my impression the hotel's sales and catering staff is that they are disorganized, disinterested and cavalier.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank S L
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. As we have discussed, I am truly sorry that there was a delay in communication with our team and that we were unable to accommodate you during your requested site time. I am sharing your concerns with our team so that a similar situation does not occur in the future, and I am truly sorry that you received a poor impression of us. I wish you the best of luck with your wedding planning, and I hope that you will reconsider returning in the future.

Mason City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

This was one of a kind stay. Service was excellent, so were the rooms. We enjoyed Chicago, as we do every time we travel through. This was a family and friends holiday trip. This hotel really made up for the one we stayed before ( the Country Inn in Coralville, Iowa).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am happy that you had such an enjoyable experience with us and that your family and friends had a nice gathering at the hotel! I hope that we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

Recently stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua on a business trip for the first time. Check in staff was very attentive as was the doorman, I was impressed at first. Getting to the room was a maze through the floor layout, but again at first I was impressed with the room. I had one of the rooms with the laminate floors, separate soaking tub and shower. Nice.

But after this point the stay began to go downhill. Ordered room service and had possibly one of the worst chicken wraps and side salad I have ever been served and service mid afternoon was slow. At night the turn down service, did nothing other than adjust the lights and place a tip card on the bed. The room service tray wasnt taken out, nor were the used linens or trash cans addressed. This is typical of every other hotel I have stayed at. The room light switches by the bed didn't work, nor did the temp control - room stayed too warm all night no matter how much you turned it down. In the morning, the towels were so cheap and scratchy that I would have sworn they came from a hotel costing $50.night.

Business meeting space was also apperance wise nice, but inadequate functionally and the catering costs were not in line with the service. We ordered a dozen fruit skewers for $40 and they were so small I had to take a photo. Oh and there was a hair on the tray. In the restrooms, you had to try three different sinks to get one that finally spit water out. No wonder there was a bottle of hand sanitizer on the counter. In addition, the catering staff was horrible to deal with - slow responses.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank First T
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for leaving us a review. I am truly sorry that you were disappointed in some of the outlets and experiences during your stay. I am looking into your comments regarding turndown service, room lighting, room service quality and the quantity of the banquet menu and apologize for any disappointment you experienced. I also apologize that our team was difficult to reach prior to your arrival. On a happier note, I will share your compliments with the doormen and front office team. We hope to see you back again so we can recoup your confidence in us.

Redwood City, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I was there for work (Wed arrival, Fri afternoon departure). My room was very comfortable and had everything I needed. Bathroom had shower only (enough for me) with single sink. The single sliding glass door acts as the door for the shower and the toilet depending on where it is slid. Friendly service at reception. I was on the concierge level and loved the drinks and snacks that were available throughout the day, as well as the breakfast. Nice in-room coffeemaker. I would stay here again. Less than a 5-min walk to Millennium Park, even a shorter walk to where you pick up the Architecture Boat tour. Immediately across the street from the Fairmont Hotel. I would stay here again. About a 10-min to the Purple Pig for dinner.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am happy that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel and the Business Class amenities! I hope that we see you again during your next visit in Chicago!

Bridgman, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Have stayed at Radisson Blu at least 10 times since it opened and love it each time. I continue to try other Chicago hotels but keep coming back to the Radisson. If you book at radisson.com they also offer eStandby (love eStandby) and I was able to get Business Class floor upgrade. Rooms are clean and fresh, staff is very nice and helpful. Business Class offers breakfast and evening snacks, also iPad in room to use. I joined Club Carlson and have earned several reward hotel nights using my Carlson points.

Room Tip: Corner rooms offer wrap around balconies.