“A wonderful, relaxing weekend getaway...”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #20 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
In Michigan
“A wonderful, relaxing weekend getaway...”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The room and view was wonderful! Stepping into the bathroom was like walking into a spa after a long week of work. The tub is perfect for two, or an individual looking to indulge in lavender bath salts and bubbles; just as I did ;). Radisson Blu is the calm after a night out in the heart of the city. Every attendant was polite, personable, and worked to ensure we were having a wonderful experience. We didn't have to worry about catching a cab and by the next day, the bartender did nothing short of having our drink ready by the time we arrived (it felt as though). I can go on and on but to sum it all up, I definitely recommend Raddision Blu. You will relax, and be treated as though you deserve the break! Don't just take my word for it! Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: When booking the room, I expressed my preference and in turn was very satisfied upon arrival.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am honored that you had such a wonderful stay and that we were the perfect end to a hectic day in the city! I have shared your compliments with our front office and Filini team, and everyone was happy to have made such an impact on your stay. We look forward to your next trip to the city!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (790)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed 3 nights, had a corner room overlooking the park on the 10th floor. Rooms were great but could have used more storage area. Hardwood floors, unique room design, cool exterior, great staff, walking distance to lots of areas, reasonable rates. Restaurant was OK, lots of eating options nearby. Like the modern decor, enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am happy that you had such an enjoyable three nights with us! I hope we see you again soon!

Traverse city
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed two nights 11/2-11/4. we were able to check in early at 1PM, front desk staff was friendly and helpful, which was nice after traveling by train for 4.5 hours. Bell/door staff were helpful with locations to eat off property and directions, as well as getting cabs quickly. Our room was very clean and had great finishes and nice linens. The rain shower was nice and soothing after after long walking trips exploring the city.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 9th floor, riding the elevator past the level with the ballrooms seemed loud, so...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Scott F
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am glad that our team was helpful after a long day of travel and that you had such a nice stay with us. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to the city!

Beaver, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here two nights while attending a conference onsite. This is a nice new property with beautifully appointed rooms. The European-style modern decor is the epitome of Chicago chic: the rooms are stunningly lit, and beautiful tiles in the foyer and bathroom reflect the light. I felt very sophisticated staying here.

My room and hallway were always quite clean and the complimentary bottled water, coffee, and tea restocked daily. I had to call the front desk for a replacement hair dryer when I overlooked the one hanging in the closet, and they sent one up immediately, no questions asked, even though they probably could have told me to look for the one in my room.

The conference facilities were fine, nothing special but served the conference well. Continental breakfast and buffet lunches were provided both days. It wasn't the greatest food I've ever had, but for a mass-produced conference meal, they were perfectly fine.

My only (slight) disappointments were with the exterior of the hotel. The "wave" design photographs much better than it looks in real life. Also, every room had a balcony, mine with a lovely view of the harbor, but none of the balconies had any furniture, so you couldn't enjoy it for any length of time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BlueApron
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel, and that your room was comfortable and inviting. I would, however, like to apologize that you were disappointed with the building exterior and balconies. I am also sharing your comments with our Chefs. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to the city!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a great hotel! We liked almost everything about it. Friendly staff, good service, good value, the best fitness center I've ever used in a hotel, nice size rooms. The decor is a touch modern for our taste but very well done. We attended a big banquet at the hotel and both the food and service were excellent.

Room Tip: Run of the house rooms are very nice with decent view. I suspect the lake views are wonderful but yo...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments! I am happy you had such a nice time and that you especially enjoyed the fitness center! I am also happy that your banquet went so well. I have shared your comments with our Chef and Banquets team and everyone was honored to have helped make your event special. I hope we see you again soon!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I just returned from our 3rd visit to Chicago and this was the best visit yet. The Radisson Blue Aqua played a major role in making this our favourite visit. We were in town to see the Tragically Hip playing at the Riv so our dinner on Saturday night was more an afterthought and I had not researched anything. Saturday aft we attended an AIDS fundraiser called the Table Hop at the Merch Mart which featured some of the city's top restos. One of the best food items we sampled was from Filini's which happens to be the Radisson Blu's restaurant! The GM Francesco was at the event and recommended we eat dinner at Filini's that night. We had a great time in their very contemporary restaurant - a very tasty and fun dinner and then decided to have brunch the next morning. The hotel is beautiful inside and out thanks to the award-winning Chicago architectural firm; Studio Gang Agency (currently on exhibit at the Art Institute). All of the staff at this hotel was friendly and extremely eager to help with anything including a late 2pm checkout on Sunday. Our room was beautiful with a large wrap-around balcony and a view to Navy Pier, park etc. The hotel is very close to the spectacular Millennium Park, Art Institute etc - we will definitely stay here again - it would be our first choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a Park-view King with balcony on any floor above the 5th - IMO.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
I can't thank you enough for your review! I have shared your compliments with our team and am honored that we enhanced your experience in the city! I am also happy that you enjoyed both your dinner and brunch in Filini! I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed 10/28 -31 on business. Very modern, well appointed rooms. CLEAN! Great staff from the doorman to the manager. Zero hassle WIFI. Large bar with good service. Its not cheap but well worth the price. Only surprise was the $53/ night parking. Breakfast on lounge floor could have been better.

Room Tip: Stayed there for trade show at Mccormick, its across the street from the shuttle, a short walk or c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank bristolroad
Thank you for your review! I am happy that our location and amenities worked out so well for your trade show at McCormick place! I have shared your compliments with our team; we look forward to seeing you again soon!