“Excellent”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #27 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Radison Blu Aqua Hotel. The location was close to my office and recommended by a colleague. Infact, was told that another colleague had spent a month at the hotel while looking for an apartment during her relocation and said it was one of the best in the city. It did not dissapoint. Clean rooms, friendly staff, new gym equipment and enough that I did not need to wait for my 'turn'. I am going to be traveling back to Chicago often and the Radison Blue will by my first choice upon my return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled you had a wonderful stay and that we were recommended by your coworkers! I have shared your compliments with our team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Write a ReviewReviews (4,939)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed six days at the hotel. Front desk staff was friendly and checkin was quick. The room overall was nice, but desk chair was very uncomfortable. That was the first item I think was for looks more than comfort. The bathroom looked very nice and the shower was big. The problem was the it took several minutes for the shower to get hot. I was there for a convention and left early, when I returned that evening I used the sink. I was unable to lift the drain stopper, uther than to lift it so that some water was emptied from the sink. I figured that the housekeeper would notice that the water was not draining and call maintenance. Saturday morning I encountered a maintenance person as I was going to the lobby and he said he would take care of it. I left this morning and the sink was the same. I really would like to know how the sink can be cleaned and the sink not drained.

I have no doubt that the Radisson has spent a lot of money to decorate, but it is not comfortable. The bar is attractive but the booths are not suitable to have a conversation and the pillows used for decoration are a nuisance.

I would not return and felt the price was very overpriced.

2  Thank Ronald S

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am truly sorry that your stay was not comfortable and that our team did not follow up on your requests. I am addressing your comments with our team and also looking into each of them personally so that we can ensure an enjoyable experience for all of our guests. I hope that you will reconsider staying with us is in the future so we can show you the hospitality levels we strive to reach.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Everything except Filini was perfect from start to finish... but the rooms, service, bed, bath and sleep were impeccable, so it deserves a 5 regardless.
Rooms - should be like this in every hotel. Modern, spacious, huge windows, lots of light regardless of which side view you get. Bed, pillows and sleep excellent and above. Spotlessly clean.
Perfect for business traveller - rooms include good size desk and the network cable - internet speed is really extremely fast as advertised, finally could have a full quality video conference. The concierge could serve to other hotels as an example of how to to the job properly and make guests happy, was on top and above for all the requests.
Location is also good, right in the loop and short walking distance to everything - N.Michigan, Millennium park, CTA stations, near north/Magnificent mile. In case of rain/snow, it's also connected to the underground Pedway.
Spend your bucks on a better breakfast though, the expensive buffet at Filini doesn't offer anything special. Also lots of items at the bar in the evening were not available, and the pizza/snacks are very ordinary at best. After one evening I've switched to far better places that Chicago has to offer. Still a perfect hotel though.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for leaving us a review! I am glad that the hotel was spotless and everything a business traveler could hope to have. I would, however, like to apologize that you were disappointed in the breakfast and evening selections in Filini. I am sharing your comments with our team and hope that you will give us the opportunity to recoup your confidence during your next stay.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

This hotel was a great location within walking distance of everything! The hotel is beautiful, with very chic and modern decor. We enjoyed drinks in the lobby lounge after a long day of walking around Chicago and scrumptious breakfasts each morning (part of our package). There is a rooftop pool and lounge area that is fantastic. The only negative was not having our roomed cleaned after arriving back to the room one day at 4pm. I had to insist that the room be cleaned.

Room Tip: Request a room on floor 10 or above for great views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled you enjoyed your time in Chicago and that our location allowed you to walk to all of the city's attractions. I would, however, like to apologize that there was a delay in the service of your room. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to the city!

General Mananger

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We visited Chicago for a week vacation and found Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel as a perfect selection.
The building is breathtaking and the service with a smile was really honest.
We booked a business room, and it turned out to be a very good choice. Fantastic view to Navy Pier, spacious marble bathroom with bath and separate shower, I-Pad with free internet, in room safe, bathrobes, free bottles of water, turn down service at night and access to own exclusive lounge!
We really enjoyed our stay and we felt more than welcomed. The best hotel experience in the USA! Chicago hotels have now got a though competitor. We look forward to see more Radisson Blu hotels in the USA!

Room Tip: Business room are located at 17th and 18th floor. They get access to a lounge at the 17th floor. The...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for your review! I couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that you were able to experience our brand in the USA. We are continuing to add more hotels; so remember to look for us when you are traveling. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to Chicago!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We've been disappointed with our stay at this hotel. We arrived on Sunday after spending 30 minutes driving around the immediate area trying to reach the hotel. Their address does not register correctly on GPS and it points to lower Columbus Drive. The front desk knows about this issue and said we should have entered 200 N. Columbus, however there is no reference to this on their website or signs on lower Columbus like the Fairmont across the street. We have a Corner King Park View room with the hardwood floors. It is a nice enough room, but it has a very strange layout with the very small closet/wardrobe just inside the door to the room. The closet is so small that we barely have room for three days worth of clothing. We have a lovely wraparound balcony, but it is useless without furniture. The furnishings in the room are minimal and uncomfortable. The room is not conducive to working. Cell phone reception is non-existent throughout the hotel.

The conference center is oddly arranged and many of us had difficulty finding our meeting rooms based on the hotel maps that direct you to the second floor. However, if you take the main elevators to the second floor, you wind up in the health club with no access to the meeting rooms. You have to then return to the lobby and take a small flight of stairs, walk through an art gallery and a conference center lobby, then take an escalator. Very strange.

The service during the banquets was very good, however the service from the hotel staff does not meet luxury hotel standards. Our room was not cleaned when we returned today at 2 p.m. Housekeeping came as I was struggling to complete a conference call with no cell reception and a room phone with a low battery although it has been on the charger all day. We had to send them away and asked them to return in an hour. The final disappointment In service was not allowing a 3 pm checkout when others in our party were able to receive it.

All in all, our stay has not met our expectations for a luxury hotel in Chicago. I don't think Radisson is ready to play in the luxury market. We will not be staying here again. There are much better and more comfortable hotels in Chicago.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pdjcfo

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am truly sorry that you encountered some shortcomings on our end and that you did not enjoy our room layout or our banquet and meeting facilities. We do offer several differnt room layouts, so hopefully a differnt style will be more to your taste. I am sharing your comments with our team so that we can utilize them to improve service in the future. I hope that you will return so that we can recoup your confidence in us.

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Gorgeous hotel. clean, modern, trendy, and good views. The rooms are spacious, beds big and comfy and bathrooms have a bath and shower. The whole design of this hotel is impressive, with quirky decor throughout. Worth the money!!

Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for your review! I am honored that you loved your stay and thought we were a good value for your money! I hope we see you again soon!