“Great place to stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York City, New York
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was my first time staying at this hotel, and I was very positively suprised.

I stayed for business 2 nights, and very professional and helpfull staff.

Nice large walk in shower, which was a perfect way to start the morning, after a cup of coffee from the coffemaker in the room.

I will be back for sure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am glad that your business trip was relaxing and enjoyable! I have shared your compliments with our team. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the city!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (774)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
cleveland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights for business/leisure. The room was nice but small even for an upgrade to corner king. The bathroom was nice sized and everything in the room was clean and new. I was concerned about the noise from the fire station next door but the interior was very quiet! The fitness center was great. I will say the bar was unappealing once you sat down to be served. Missed the mark on that one. Overall an ok stay for a reasonable amount of money. Not the place to bring kids or if you are trying to be a tourist - enough out of the way to make it a pain.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving us a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your overall experience at the hotel, but I would like to apologize that you did not enjoy the bar space or our location. I am truly sorry for any disappointment we caused for you and hope that you will consider returning in the future.

Crystal Cove, Barbados
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We were very impressed with this hotel, we stayed here for 4 nights from the 14-18 September, the hotel staff were very professional (friendly and helpful), the rooms fantastic, very modern and spacious with good sized comfortable beds and an equally good sized bathroom with a large walk in shower room (heaven), the restaurant/bar although a little pricey was very nice and the reception area beautifully presented. The hotel is in a prime location, close to all the parks, museums, shops etc, this was our second trip to Chicago, we came here last year as part of a bigger trip staying at a different hotel (we spent 2 days in Chicago then flew to Las Vegas for 3 days then drove to San Diego and up along the west coast to San Francisco stopping off at various places along the way) but due to a cancelled flight and bad weather we didn't get time to see and do everything we wanted to, however because we'd been so impressed by what we'd seen of the City last year we decided to come back again this year and were so glad we did, if we came back to Chicago in the future I would have no hesitation in staying at the Radisson Blu or recommending this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank giggles9
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your review! I couldn't be happier that you returned to the city and chose to stay with us! I am truly honored that you loved our hotel and location and that you took the time to recommend us to others. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had never been to Chicago and knowing I had just 24 hours in the city made my choice of hotel extremely important. The Radisson Blu Aqua was everything I had hoped for. The location was fabulous - we were able to walk to Grant Park for free dance lessons, to Millennium Park to see the amazing Cloud Gate sculpture, Giordano's for the famous Chicago Stuffed Pizza, and a quick cab ride to Navy Pier to ride the carousel and enjoy the live music in the beer garden. The Radisson Blue is a new hotel, and the decor is modern but warm. The rooms are beautiful and the showers are HUGE! We had breakfast at Filini in the hotel, and it was one of the best I have ever had. Italian crepes with nutella, banana & strawberry compote were out of this world and the service was amazing. Every single staff member we dealt with at this hotel - from the waiters to the front desk - were friendly, happy to help, and knowledgeable. I hope I will get the chance to return to this wonderful city and this fantastic hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Chrisanne H
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your review! It sounds like you had a wonderful 24 hours in the city, and I am honored that we were the perfect hotel to help you enjoy your time in Chicago. I hope that we see you again soon!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Everything in the hotel was ultra modern and done in shades of blue. Definitely made a hotel room look much different from the rest. This hotel used top technology to make everything very secure. There wasn't anything typical about this hotel, including the lobby, which there wasn't much of.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am happy that you enjoyed your time with us and that you liked the decor. We hope to see you back at the hotel soon!

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have stayed at many, many hotels in the US and overseas for business and pleasure. From NYC to Arkansas to California and Alaska and I've seen both horrible hotels and excellent hotels so I can definitely leave an honest review. My stay in Chicago was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and professional. The hotel itself was updated, clean, and comfortable and had every amenity I needed; pool, gym, Internet, restaurant, etc. The food in the restaurant was actually very, very good unlike many hotel restaurants and the Chef even came out and spoke with me personally to ensure I was enjoying everything. I felt that was very professional and a great sign this hotel is always doing their best to please their guests and always looking to improve.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, the rates were very fair, the hotel was clean, modern, and comfortable, and the staff was wonderful. I look forward to returning to this hotel next time I am in Chicago.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I couldn't be happier that you had a great stay with us or that you took the time to share your experience with others. I have shared your compliments with our Chef and the rest of our team and everyone was honored to have made an impact on your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Blu Aqua is aesthetically pleasing. Fresh, modern, inviting from the lobby and beyond. Not noisy. Great location and yet just off the busy streets.

Front desk personnel - friendly, professional, helpful. The hotel room - very impressive and still feels very new. View of lake and Navy pier - better than a postcard. The outdoor track - cushioned and not a boring oval. Meeting food - very good and the hot water and coffee urns were refreshed during the breaks so everyone had access to the beverage even if at the end of the line.

Loved the bathroom! Great tub, the shared frosted glass door that slid for privacy either for the toilet or the shower. Thankfully, there wasn't a third phone in the bathroom.

The coffee/tea station. High quality tea choices with mugs, not stryrofoam.

Why wasn't this absolutely excellent?
The elevators require a read of the room "key" - fine, but that includes going back down to the lobby after entering from a room floor and every single person needs to flash the room card to get upstairs and have the door open.
The rooms are configured differently - which is cool Finding my room from the elevators was an adventure for the first day.
The universal remote also includes buttons to turn off the room lights and control the thermostat. The features did not work on the remote I had - part of the fun the first night was finding out how to turn off the lights and choosing which of the 2 thermostats to use for the sleeping area.
The map for the property is not enough - signage to get to the Pacific ballroom would be helpful. the escalators are hidden. Getting from the guest room to the conference center requires getting to the lobby, crossing and then a meander to the conference area.
The appearance of the elevators for the condo owners and the apartment renters made locating the hotel elevators an active activity instead of a no-brainer push the button after exercising.
The night that was busy for the next door firehouse disrupted sleep with the siren of the trucks going out on calls.

Room Tip: The view from 1025 included the Navy Pier and sunrise over the lake. The view is to the east.