“Great Place!”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #27 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was in Chicago for an engagement party and we all stayed at the Radisson Blu. I have stayed at a lot of nice hotels but sometimes the people are stuffy, not here. Everyone was over the top nice and down to earth. The view from my room on the 18th floor was amazing. My room was so nice and the elevators very quick and efficient. The lounge on the 17th floor was so handy for something to drink and breakfast. I plan on staying here every time I'm in Chicago!

Room Tip: I was with several people and we all had rooms all over and they were all great. Mine was on the 18t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you for your review! I am happy that you had a great stay and that you consider us one of your favorites in the city! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel was absolutely stunning, beautiful and very contemporary. The service was excellent and the staff was professional. The rooms were clean and comfortable with all the amenities. I would like to commend the architectural firm of Jeanne Gang for creating the wavelike balconies to replicate the waves of the Lake Michigan. The location is close to the best shopping and restaurants and the Navy Pier. DH, Colorado

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your comments! I couldn't be happier that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed the design of the building! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I recently spent 2 nights at this new and fabulous hotel. My room was the naturally cool design with a balcony looking towards Navy Pier. From the moment I entered the hotel, the staff was very friendly and made sure I had everything I needed to make my stay comfortable. I enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Filini and love the smaller plate concept so you can try many different options. Highly recommend this hotel if you a visiting Chicago for business or leisure!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you had a wonderful stay with us an enjoyed your dinner in Filini! We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience. I hope that we see you back at the hotel soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Firstly I have to say that I had a bad experience with the Radisson Customer Care Department before to stay in it. According to its Web (Best Online Rate Radisson) If you find a lower publically available rate on another website within 24 hours of booking your hotel room on radisson.com, you will receive the lower rate and they will discount that rate by 25%. I found it, I submitted it fulfilling all the requirements, but Radisson Customer Care did not face up its offer and they denied giving me the discount. I exchanged several emails with them. Finally they just said that they give the issue as closed without any explanation. I repeated my claim during the checking and the receptionist ignored me, and after send the client survey, the manager contacted me without any answer and from a non reply address.
The hotel is a new nice building located between the river and the millennium Park. Therefore it’s a good option for business if you go to the loop, or for tourist, because it is at walking distance to all Chicago attractions. The hotel has a very good fitness and leisure premises, indoor and outdoor swimming pools, solarium, an athletics track, and game rooms. Rooms are spacious, but be careful, there is a fire station close to the hotel, so be ready to hear the sirens every time the fireman have to leave the fire station.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mistralksk

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that your request to utilize the best rate was denied. I have looked into this further and see that the reason for the denial was because the guarantee requires that the rate be posted on a public site and in US currency so that it can be verified. Unfortunately your request did not meet these requirements. I am truly sorry for any disappointment this caused for you. On a happier note, I am glad that you enjoyed our location and amenities. I hope that we see you again and that we are able to recoup your confidence in us.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have stayed at almost every 4 star and above hotel in Chicago and Radisson Blu is easily the best choice. It is designed to ensure you have a memorable, flawless stay. No detail was missed. Thoughtful things like ipads in the rooms, nespresso machines, indoor and outdoor pools (separate adults and kids), plenty of elevators so little to no wasted waiting time, helpful and charming, happy staff, excellent wi-fi service, a lounge on the 17th floor that is a welcome treat and a convenient CVS Pharmacy is case you forgot to pack something! Cabs were easy to get and parking was slick. We were sad to leave but are already planning our next stay.

Room Tip: 17th Floor upgrade is well worth it! The Lounge is stocked with wonderful drinks and snacks + a per...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TDiddy

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and that we are one of your favoroite hotels in the city! I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed your upgrade to a Business Class floor! I look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Our stay in this hotel was everything we expected.Excellent location, clean and reasonably priced. Service was excellent, pleasant staff. Wonderful view from the balcony. Business center was user-friendly. Great indoor and outdoor pools.

E.D.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your comments. I am happy that you anticipated a great stay and that we did not let you down! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the city!

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed here back in August when visiting Chicago for Lollapalooza.
I can't say enough good things about this hotel, the room was new, clean and modern, and we had a balcony which added to greatness! The public areas were great, and the pool extremely large with a lot of loungers, and some cabanas.
The location was fantastic, and you could walk to anywhere, or at least to the train stops.
Friendly staff and great vibe. Would thoroughly recommend to all travellers (business and pleasure).

Room Tip: The Business Rooms have access to lounge.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you had a great stay with us and that our location was prefect for your needs. I hope that we see you again soon; thanks again!