“Beautiful and unique design”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #19 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vancouver, Canada
“Beautiful and unique design”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This unique hotel design will catch your eye from the inside out. The decor is unique and beautiful, every detail has been well thought.
Rooms are nice and modern. The restaurant downstairs offers a delicious Italian menu for dinner and we also took our breakfast there and we enjoyed it.
My husband stayed at the Hyatt accross the street before I joined him and he much prefered the Radisson Blu.
Location was great - walking distance to mostly everything.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vanessa604
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us and your dining experiences in Filini! I truly hope that we see you again the next time you are visiting Chicago!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (779)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Millbrook, Alabama
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua in mid August 2012 in a king room with park view. In Chicago on business. Immediately impressed with the decor upon entry to the lobby. The staff from the reception to bellman to housekeeping to guest services were all very helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. Room was very comfortable and spacious. Location was great - easy walks to the Navy Pier, the shopping on Michigan Ave, and a variety of restaurants. We never got lost because of the unique architecture of the building, we knew which way to get back. I cannot imagine having a better hotel experience!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments! I am glad that the unique design of the building helped your find your way home each night and that you had a wonderful stay with us! I hope that you return the next time you are in Chicago!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My husband and I stayed for four nights in August. We had no problems or concerns. The standard rooms may be a bit smaller than at some other places, but the compensation lies in cleanliness and style. I felt as if I was in my own bedroom rather than a hotel room. The lobby is beautiful and the staff was kind and accommodating. They were able to extend our stay on short notice and gave us great tips for getting around the city. The outdoor pool area is wonderful with great views and really comfy sofas! The main pool could be a bit cleaner and warmer, but otherwise the smaller pool is nice to wade in. We read a few reviews where some complained about the fire station next door, but we have to admit that it really wasn't a problem. Although there are several fire emergs a day/night, the sirens never disrupted our sleep. Besides, emerg sirens are a common event all over Chicago day and night, so all hotels are affected by sirens as this isn't the only station in Chicago. Would definitely go back and highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa Q
Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you had such a nice stay and that you enjoyed the design of the room and got a great night's sleep! I hope that we see you again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Overnight business trip to Chicago was spent in this hotel as a recommendation from a colleague. She never stayed at the hotel but mentioned the building/ lobby was beautiful and looked like a nice hotel.
The hotel was a brand new modern construction and was also the first one in the United States. Unlike the modern/ contemporary hotels I have stayed in the past this hotel didn't feel cold or arrogant in attitude. The staff members were very warm/ helpful and when I asked for the letterhead the room was drawn on, one staff member went out of his way to find one for me.
Checking into the room, the room was very clean and the view of the Chicago city out the window was beautiful. The entire room was covered with a wooden flooring which was very clean and I was able to walk around barefoot without my feet getting dirty.
Every since 2006, I have been drawing every single hotel room I ever stayed in by measuring. Drawing the room is the best best way to see the details of the room and it was obvious that a lot of attention was given in the selection/ placement of everything in this room.
This was also the first hotel I have ever stayed at that the entire room directory was on an iPad placed in the room! Turning on the iPad, a message read 'Welcome' with my name which was a nice personal touch.
I must say this was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I couldn't be happier that we were recommended to you by a coworker and that we turned out to be one of your favorite hotel rooms. Your drawing of the room is beautiful! I hope that we see you again the next time you are in the city!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Beautiful new hotel in downtown Chicago within walking distance of "The Magnificent Mile" and Millenium Park. Upscale amenities and comfort. The pricey hotel parking ($43/day) was the only downside of our trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for leaving us a review! I am happy that you an a great stay with us! I would, however, like to apologize that you were not aware of the cost of parking. I assure you, we work diligently with our parking provider to ensure that our rates are less than or equal to that of our competitors, but I am truly sorry for any disappointment this caused. We hope to see you back on your next trip to the city!

Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Everything in this hotel is perfect; staff, location, rooms, views. We loved our stay at the 11th floor corner room! Thank you! Also the patio at the third floor is wonderful with the walking path and babeque places :D

• Stayed July 2012
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay and we appreciate that you took the time to share your experience! I hope that we see you again soon!

Edogawa-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel for 3 nights and we could not have been happier.
The hotel was very clean, the service was great and the area around the hotel was quite acessable. First, the hotel itself feels more like a boutique hotel. The lobby on the ground floor is beautiful but not too big. It is next to their bar and restaraunt Filini. We were upgraded to business class and they put us on the 17th floor. When we walked in we were pleasently surprised that there were chocolates and bottled water prepared for us. We also had a park view from the balcony and could see the Navy Pier and the lake. It was really nice.

I love to go to the gym and the gym at Aqua has to be one of the best I have ever seen. Tons of new equipment, basketball court and the hotel has both an indoor and outdoor pool that is fantastic.

This hotel will not disappoint. The walk to Michigan ave is less than 10 minutes. I will stay here again next time I am in Chicago. Thank you for making our stay in Chicago such a great one Aqua!

Cons:
The hotel has a fridge with an autobar but there is no room to put in any of your own food or drink or left overs. When you remove the food items from the bar it automatically gets billed. The hotel later took the chargers off but it would have been nice if the fridge had some extra room.

Room Tip: The Continental breakfast at the Filini is not worth the money. Mainly it is just juice and a varie...