“Enjoyable Time 7/2 through 7/5”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #24 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have stayed at this location a week after opening last year. As I am traveling overseas soon for an extended period, I decided to take my 3-yr daughter for three nights to do. . . well fun stuff. Navy Pier, Millennium Park, Sears Tower (yes, people that live in the Chicagoland area still call it that) and watch the fireworks from our lake view balcony.

Overall my experience was great, although the temperatures hovered around 100 F. As with any 3-yr, my daughter wanted to go to pool A LOT. Prior to checking in, I spoke to the chief concierge and he assured me there is a smaller pool for kids. Agreed, there is. However, unbeknownst to the concierge, each time I ventured to the pool, sadly it was a 20 something year old drunken fest. At one point, there were over 15 young adults in the kid's pool attempting to play volleyball (with no net and while holding a beer in one hand). Eventually, we managed to swim, but I have to admit I was turned off by this sight. I did not report this to the hotel. The hotel shares the pool with those that live in the Aqua Tower so I cannot place blame on the Radisson entirely.

As for the room, it was spotless, lovely and fully functional. The hotel upgraded me to a beautiful view of the lake.

I would certainly stay here again and may do so in October. For those of you who have children and want to use the pool, I want to set your expectations on what you may see, especially on the weekends.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Scott H
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for returning to the hotel and leaving us a review. I am happy that you had an enjoyable time and that you room was spotless. I have shared your compliments with our housekeeping team. I would, however, like to apologize for the issues you experienced with the pool. We are working diligently to create a solution for issues such as this and I am truly sorry for any disappointment we caused for you. I wish you the best while traveling overseas and hope that we will see you again in October. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Very nice hotel in great Chicago location. Nice restaurant and bar also. Rooms with balcony and great amenities.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LKC614
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for your review! I am happy to see that you had a nice time at the hotel!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

This hotel is stunning! I was following the construction of the project last year and couldn't wait to get a chance to stay there. The exterior is unique with it's undulating balconies and a lot of the rooms have access to them. Taking in views of the city from my 11th floor balcony was something I had never done before at a hotel. The lobby is beautifully designed with luxe finishes and furnishings. The rooms are great, too. The hotel offers two different styles of rooms, so you may choose what type of ambiance you enjoy. The beds were comfortable and the rain shower was relaxing. I did not utilize the staff often but when we did interact they were professional and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room with a balcony. Not all of them have one and it doesn't cost any extra.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Thank you for the review! I couldn't be happier that you have been following our progress and have now had the opportunity to stay with us! I am glad that you enjoyed the facilities and the view from the balcony! I hope that we see you again soon; thanks again!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed here for three days with my wife and we enjoyed it immensely. I second all the positive features pointed out by other guests: convenient location, cleanliness, reasonable price, amenities, free wi-fi, etc. The only drawback was the lateness of the maid service. On July 1, the room was not yet made up at 3:30. I called housekeeping and was told the attendant would be right up. She showed up at 4:30. The next day, after a hot, six-hour-long bike tour along the lake front, we returned to the room at 3:15 hoping to shower and rest before heading out to dinner. The attendant arrived at 4:00. Like the previous day, we had to vacate the room while she cleaned up. A minor inconveniece, but one that prevents me from giving an "excellent" rating. Overall, we'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

Thank you for leaving us a review. I am happy that you enjoyed your overall experience at the hotel, and we very much appreciate you sharing your comments. I would, however, like to apologize that there was a delay in servicing your room. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you. I look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the city.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

We loved our three-night stay at the Radisson Blu just steps away from Millennium Park and The Loop. Friendly staff, showstopper lobby, a luxury room with high-end everything (toiletries, gourmet in-room coffee and teas, towels, linens), rainfall showerhead, free bottled water in your room daily, free wi-fi, gloriously comfy bed, a large fitness center complete with sauna and steamroom. They even offer movie nights, group exercise classes, and a very fancy looking on-site bar and restaurant, though I didn't partake of those.

Staying here, you feel like you're living inside a luxury interior design magazine.

Easy walk to subway and L train stops, the theater district, great restaurants and shopping. Our room had a great view of Navy Pier. The entire hotel even smelled fantastic.

My only quibble, and it is a small one, is that because of the way the bathroom of our guest room was designed, you get only visual privacy in the bathroom, but no sound privacy. So it might not be the best choice for a brand new couple spending your first weekend away together if you know what I mean.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for the review! I couldn't be happier that you had such a great time a the hotel, and we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others! I have also shared your comments with our team and everyone was honored that you had such a wonderful visit. I hope we see you soon; thanks again!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

We had a wonderful stay in Chicago. Extremely clean hardwood floor--corner room with balcony. Unbelievably quiet and comfortable. Best night sleep I've ever had in a hotel. Walking distance to many attractions. Was able to watch the fireworks from Navy Pier while sitting in the outdoor hot-tub. Friendly and helpful staff. Huge bathroom--wish I had the shower in my house!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad that you had such a relaxing time and were able to watch the fireworks right from the deck! I hope that we see you again soon!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Extremely modern hotel with amazing views of parks and the lake! Balconies are truly unique and very nice to have in the summer. Pool is huge and has great deck chairs. I was most impressed with the bathrooms. Separate shower from the bathtub. The bathtub is 6-7 feet long and extremely deep - 3-4 feet. It was impossible not to take a bath in that luxury. The hotel is a few blocks away from the main attractions, but completely worth it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am thrilled that you had such an enjoyable time at the hotel and that you were able to relax in our extra deep tub! Thanks again; I hope that we see you back at the hotel soon!