“Awesome new hotel great location”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #30 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed here for one night, but wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy all the hotel has to offer. This is a new hotel very close to great shopping and Michigan avenue. The decor is hip and modern but very warm and inviting. The lobby is granite and stone with a long gas firelit wall with comfortable seating and a wonderful Italian bar along the side. Check in was easy and since I was arriving late the front desk staff offered to hold my luggage while I ran into the bar to grab a glass of wine to take up to my room for the night. The room was beautiful with so much attention to decorating detail. Black silky curtains, Modern desk, with very comfortable large side chair. Bed super comfortable. Beautifully appointed closet with builtins, large mirror, robes, safe etc. Awesome bathroom with large rain water shower with huge frosted sliding glass door that slid to cover shower or toilet. Black granite floors mixed with cool dark torquoise carpeting. Overall this room was super cool and I took home decorating ideas for my next attempt at bedroom decor. Staff was very friendly. I forgot to check out of my room when I went to my meeting at 7am (vacated room but did not check out). At 2pm went to front desk to notify them and they were ok with it and did not fuss about check out time since I had vacated the room. Overall I would love to return here and experience the pool and other amenities offered.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you had the chance to stay with us and that you enjoyed our room. I hope that we see you again on your next trip to the city; thanks again!

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Write a ReviewReviews (5,029)

Reviewed June 9, 2012

We arrived at the Radisson Blu at 8:30 am the day of our reservation expecting only to store our luggage until check in time and the front desk checked us in without a blink. Our rooms were beautiful and very, very clean. I went to breakfast in the restaurant at 9:55 and they graciously seated me even though breakfast was to end in 5 minutes. I had an amazingly delicious frittata and exceptional service. Every aspect of our stay had a surprisingly personal and helpful touch. We loved the hotel and would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I am thrilled that you had such a nice stay at the hotel. I have shared your compliments with our entire team. I hope that we see you back at the hotel soon; thanks again!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

If you are a swimmer, this is the hotel for you. Finding a public pool to do a proper workout can be hard and this great hotel has TWO - one outdoors and one indoors. It's also a brand new hotel with a great restaurant/bar downstairs. It's a little funky - aqua carpets in all the rooms - but it is clean and did I mention the pool???

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor so you can see the bean AND the lake!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Abby F

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and were able to take advantage of the pool. Thanks again; I hope that we see you back at the hotel soon!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

While the staff a this hotel was professional and kind, I just didn't like it.

The lobby is sparse, but modern in a vaguely Euro typo of way. The staff was very professional and midwestern nice, but it was as if they were trying too hard to be "cool".

The rooms are very well appointed and elegantly designed, but it was a disorienting display of blue lights, strange textures and poor ergonomics. The room was comfortable, but it didn't feel like home. I couldn't wait to check out.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your time at the hotel. We do also offer another room design that may be more to your taste. I apologize that this was not explained upon arrival. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to recoup your confidence with your next stay in the city.

Stayed here for 3 nights on leisure in May and felt well overall
Pros:
- great location
- great architecture
- large rooms and bathrooms
- balcony with great view (if you have one)
- pool and recreation area with great view
- good (soft) beds
- overall well trained and friendly staff, however
Cons:
- check-in and check-out was short without a smile, sorta untypical for the hotel (same guy)
(I find the check-in area is kinda of small and uncomfortable anyhow)
- room doors close with an incredible bang that wakes you up in the neighboring room
- the room intrerior is held in too dark/black colours, which is kinda eerie at night
- 2 main elevators is not enough duriung "rush-hours" and we couldn't see any more

Last but not least if the hotel claims to be a green hotel which they tell you during check-in ("we are a green hotel and this is why we don't have any print material available in the room") I can't understand why you would be heating the lobby with the gas fire decoration and then air-conditioning everything down afterwards...

Best feature is breakfast at Wildberries just around the corner!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tourist2Go

Thank you for leaving us a review. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your overall experience at the hotel and I appreciate your suggestions for improvement. We actually have 2 different room designs avaialable, "Mansion House" is darker with teal carpet and bold accents and the other is "Naturally Cool" which features light wood floors and a natural accents. We also have four elevators that service each of the guest room floors. I am truly sorry if this was not better explained during your stay. I hope that we see you back at the hotel soon!

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I will be short but if you are looking for a hotel in Chicago's loop you should go to Radisson Blu. Honestly I've tried a lot of hotels all over the world and this was one of my best choice. Also the price is not the lowest but you get what you'll pay for.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank MikaelSlovakia

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you felt we were a good value! We are all honored to be one of you favorite locations in the world! I hope that we see you again soon!

Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and stayed here June 2,2012. Upon walking into the lobby, which is breathtaking, checking in with the help of the fantastic staff, we headed up to our room on the 18th floor. The room was spacious, with a mixture of laminate and tile flooring, no carpet. I liked this as you can never tell how clean carpet is. The bed was very comfortable (I like a soft bed).
The bathroom was surprising with a huge walk in shower with plenty of room for 2 ; ). With a rainfall shower head and an additional hand held sprayer. The bathroom also had a deep tub with a wide ledge that went all the way around the tub. Great for a midnight soak.
There was an iPod radio, plenty of easy accessible outlets, and an extra apple product cord for your use. The flat screen wall tv had the actual guide so you could see the info on what you were watching, hardly any hotels have this feature on their tv's. The Nespresso machine was accompanied by a set of both demitasse and regular cups and saucers, and the pods had 3 varieties (6 total servings) of good quality coffees.
My husband had a masseuse come to the room for me, Joe was ultra professional and fantastic at relaxing my stressed body.
The hotel restaurant, Fillini, had a caring and charming chef,Christian, direct from Italy, who came and visited us at our table and presented us with a special dessert for our anniversary. The whole meal was fresh, delicious, and served by a fantastic staff.
After coming back from a concert, the turn down staff left this wonderful card with an interesting fact on the history of this particular location in Chicago, and the weather forecast for the next day. Clean towels replaced the ones we had already used earlier.
Because of an upgrade we made upon check-in, we had access to the lounge on the 17th floor. It was an impressive amount of food and beverages, and we were made to feel very welcome by Natasha. The entire staff (if you have a conversion with any of them) are very happy in their job, and are pleased to be working in this hotel. This makes the environment positive and you can feel it throughout the hotel.
We also tried out the pool, there is an outdoor and indoor pool, (on the 3rd floor) rubberized track that goes all around the hotel, a lovely garden area, a shallow pool and a jacuzzi. The towels at the pool area are as lush as the room towels, a nice surprise from the 14 in. X 14 in. thin towels normally offered at hotel pools. A large locker room is provided for changing, clean, private showers, long sink with Mirror and hair dryer.
All in all, high end quality with mid-quality price. Definately will stay at again, happily!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Bkb78
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for your wonderful review! I couldn't be happier that you had such an enjoyable, relaxing time at the hotel. I have also passed along your compliments to Chef Christian and Natasha and both were honored to leave a positive impact on your stay. I hope that we see you back at the hotel soon; thanks again!