“Best Hotel for Your Money in Chicago”

Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Ranked #24 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We plugged the address of the Radisson Blu Aqua into the GPS, like any normal road trip. The problem was once we ‘arrived’ to the underground parking garage that the GPS directed us to; there was no place to enter. It turns out the hotel and it’s parking garage are both located on Columbus, a street that happens to have two sides that do not connect. Once we called the hotel and the concierge directed us, our stay was smooth sailing. We arrived late on Friday night, greeted by no lines at check-in. The concierge overheard we were hungry, and quickly called the hotel restaurant and stored our luggage without being asked.
Filini, the restaurant in the Radisson Blu Aqua is modern and distinctly Italian. Olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette was waiting for us in the table, along with giant olives and parmesan reggiano and still water. We ordered a bruschetta because we simply couldn’t wait after a long car ride, since there were only two pieces; I let my larger, hungrier, partner have them both. I splurged and ordered the butternut squash ravioli, minus the cheese. It was rich and decadent as it often is, with a sweet sauce with a hint of cinnamon. The restaurant has a wine list with was equally delicious, and well-priced.
When we were leaving I glanced at the table beside us to see the hilarious Jenny – from Flipping Out! I must admit that I love all things Bravo, so Jeff Lewis’s assistant may not be a great sighting for most people; I was thrilled to see her.
The room at the Radisson Blu Aqua far exceeded my expectations. Having stayed at W’s (Lakeshore and Downtown), the Four Seasons, and the Knickerbocker in Chicago I was excepting a typical city hotel room – small. My room at the Radisson had a work area with free wifi, desk, mounted flat screen and mini bar with a big closet and a full length mirrors (a must!). It also featured a king bed and plenty of sitting room, also with a large flat screen.
The bathroom was simply decadent. I took full advantage of the large soaking tub, and huge walk in rain shower. All of this in a standard room!
The room had floor to ceiling windows that wrapped around the entire room, with great views of Millennium Park and the city.
After a long, long day of bar hopping, watching the river turn green, and visiting old friends we ordered room service late night. The food was great, and came fast – which is really the key to late night delivery. I will say I wish they had some more vegetarian options, or at least options that I could modify to fit my diet.
Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend the Radisson Blu Aqua for anyone visiting Chicago, and this is coming from someone who is a Chicago regular. The swanky atmosphere, great service and large rooms can’t be beat in the windy city, especially for the value.

1  Thank Rwolery
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful review! I couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your St. Patty's celebration with us and that our location and facilities were ideal for your needs. I would like to apologize that there were problems locating us on your GPS. We are looking into this further and I am truly sorry for any inconvenience this caused for you. Thanks again for your recommendation; I hope to see you back at the hotel soon!

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We bought a groupon to stay at the Blu for a birthday weekend!! Not only was it a great deal, the hotel was perfect. Modern, clean lines with decor, comfortable bed and pillows, very quiet, very clean!! We really enjoyed our stay. The lobby is beautiful, staff was friendly. The fitness room was huge in comparison to other places we've stayed; great equipment, clean, spacious!!

Room Tip: We were on the 12th floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for spending your birthday celebration with us! I am honored that you enjoyed your stay and that you took the time to leave us such nice comments. I hope that we see you back at the hotel soon! Thanks again!

Happy Birthday!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

We got a great price for our stay here with a Groupon. It was the first time staying 'on the other side' (south) of the river. We come to Chicago every spring for a business meeting. The hotel is new and very impressive with its clean lines, balconies, and contempory furnishings. Actually the location was perfect - next to Millenium park, the lake path and plenty of shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Only reason for not an excellent rating for the sleep quality is the hotel is located next to a fire...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel and the location! I hope this means that you will be back to stay with us again soon. Thanks again!

Reviewed March 26, 2012

We recently stayed 4 perfect nights at the Radisson Blu to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We absolutely loved our stay at this lovely hotel. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The room and balcony view was amazing! We loved the decor and ambiance. Radisson Blu's Fellini restaurant was delicious and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. We absolutely could not have improved upon our perfect experience with Raadisson Blu and Fellini. We look forward to going back again in the future! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Chicago.

1  Thank LoriBlaser
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Happy Anniversary! Thank you so much for spending your 30 year celebration with us and for taking the time to leave us such a nice review! I am honored that you had such a nice time and that you enjoyed the hotel and Filini. I hope we see you back again soon! Thanks again!

Reviewed March 25, 2012

We got a great deal from otel.com so I thought maybe we'd end up with a room next to an elevator or something. We had a huge corner room with a wrap-around balcony! Everything about the room was awesome! The hotel staff was courteous and helpful. My only complaint was the poor signage in the underground parking garage. We kept getting lost, but it wasn't really a big deal. By the way, overnight parking was an extra $43 per night, but that's pretty standard in Chicago. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Thank you for the review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your room and that you were able to find a great deal online! I would like to apologize that you had some trouble with the parking garage, but I am glad this won't stop you from returning. Thanks again!

Reviewed March 23, 2012

This hotel is perfect! Great location, beautiful room, fun restaurant and friendly, helpful staff. I can't wait to go back and stay here again. The pedway is under the building with shops and restaurants so even if the weather is bad, you can go "out" and stay comfortable. The building has a beautiful gym, pool, business center and a lovely park. I can't wait to stay at the Blu Agua again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for the review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that you were able to use the Pedway! We can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed March 22, 2012

The hotel has only been open for a few short months, but there are some great qualities emerging already. The building and facilities are beautiful! Contempory without compromising comfort. The location is fabulous: close to Millenium park, Nave pier and the Miraculous mile. What really stood out to me was the friendliness of the staff, especially Al in the conference rooms. Usually the wait staff at conventions are silent, Al interacted with everyone and was so fun! We specifically made sure we sat at his table. Al was great, but ALL the banquet staff went above and beyond as far as service and friendliness. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to downtown Chicago!

Room Tip: All rooms have a good view, loved room 1804, great corner room with balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Thank you for the fantastic review! I am happy to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and that you had the opportunity to experience our banquet facilities! I have shared your compliments with Al and he was honored to be mentioned by name; our entire team was thrilled by your kind words! Thank you again; I hope that we see you back at the hotel soon.