“Disappointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #19 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I really wanted to love this hotel. With the great reviews and description on the website, I was really excited about staying here. However, as I listen to the elevator as it dings constantly, I am truly disappointed. Why, oh why, is it necessary to ding everytime it stops? I have never been in a hotel that has the elevator do that. Also, my door doesn't close properly. I can barely get in unless I push down extremely hard on the handle. Once inside the room, I have to put my entire weight against the door to be able to close it properly and lock it. Then when I leave, I have to put my entire weight against it to unlock while slamming it shut to make sure it closes when I leave. That is simply ridiculous. I will not return.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevators or you'll be annoyed all day and up all night listening to the in...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JMom249
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Thank you for the review. I am very sorry to see that you did not enjoy your time at the hotel and would like to apologize for the issues that you mentioned. I have sent you a private message in the hopes to get more information regarding your room so that we can properly look into this problem. We are fully ADA compliant which is why the elevators have an indicator on each floor, but we are looking into the volume level to see if this can be adjusted. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to recoup your confidence in us in the future.

Pierre-Louis Giacotto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (769)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I recently stayed at the Radisson Blu Aqua on business, and can highly recommend it for a business or leisure stay in Chicago. I found the rooms great value for money, the gym is MASSIVE, the rooms are good size and the bathrooms are very modern, the service at reception and in the restaurant is fantastic. And only one block from Michigan Ave, I'm definitely staying here next time I'm in Chicago!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments! I am thrilled to hear that you plan to return on your next trip to the city and that you had a great stay. We hope to see you soon!

Kenosha County
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

This was the most interesting, futuristic, exciting hotel my wife and I have ever stayed in. It has features in the room not seen in any hotels in Chicago: wave your card at the lock, and the door opens; walk into the room, the lights automatically turn on; wonderful and super-designed bathroom with interesting features; great view of the Chicago River, Wriggley building and other cool building, Navy Pier, and the lake - and we were not in a premium room!; in the "Near Eastside" neighborhood, which has its own 2 sq. block city park next to it; also very near was the fantastic Mariano's Fresh Market grocery store for great eats and groceries and wine/beer; it is also across the street from the Prudential Building, Standard Oil Building, and a block from Millenium Park and Michgan Ave. You cannot be more in the midst of city life - restaurants, museums, cinemas, and shopping than here. This hotel was so much fun to stay at for a few nights (New Years weekend), and we loved it!

Room Tip: You pay a little extra for a "park view". May not be worth it. We loved the view toward t...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dzookie
Thanks for your great review! I am happy that you spent your New Year's celebration with us and enjoyed all of the room features and the view! I hope that we see you back at the hotel soon!

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

I had no complaints at all.
The room was beautiful, clean, quiet and comfortable. The bathroom also was beautiful and clean. Wifi was fast. I was located 15 floors directly above a fire station and had no problems any of the 4 nights I was there with noise. It's a quiet location but walking distance to Michigan Ave, Millenium Park, the Loop, and a beautiful new market. Best gym facilities of any hotel I've stayed at in Chicago (of 10).
New favourite for sure.

1 Thank Kaerolin
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I couldn't be happier that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you everything went so well! It is truly an honor to be your new favorite in Chicago! We hope to see you back again soon!

Cape town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

A great choice- well located and well priced. The rooms are brand new and the facilities are great. Hotel is paperless so that I found unique and the gym/ spa facilities are great- even have an outdoor running track!

Highly recommended and just a good hotel- well done!

Room Tip: Enjoy the running track- free Wifi in the hotel
2 Thank Deneys
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed the facilities and got to try the outdoor running track! I hope to see you back again soon!

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stayed a weekend in January. Beautiful rooms, though the doors in the bathrooms are a bit unusual and not so pratical... But nice design. The coffee machine in the room is great. Ordrer room service on my first night and it arrived promptly and was very nice. Had breakfast there every day and I felt the value for money was good - great service by the breakfast staff. Reception staff was also verey firendly and the door man is such a nice guy! Had dinner in the Filini restaurant one night and the food was great, but there was a cold wind coming from the windows - so if the night is cold I recommend asking for a table away from the windows. Location: great - walking distance to everywhere!

Room Tip: The higher up your room is the better the view
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Oggen
Thank you for the review! I am so happy to see that you enjoyed the hotel and Filini! I have passed your compliments on to our team and everyone was honored that you took the time to leave such a nice review. We hope to see you back again soon!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

I travel to Chicago often, but I don't often review the hotels because let's face it - Most Chicago hotels have small rooms, dark hallways and that "musty" building smell.

The Radisson Blue Aqua was NONE of these things. My city-view room actually had a view of the city! The rooms were large and comfortable with a great desk space, VERY comfortable bed with superior linens and love the squishy pillows. The wonderful lighting options in the room were a great benefit. The furnishings were modern without giving an "Ikea modern" vibe. The bathroom was fabulous with a chic glass door walk-in shower that I now depserately want in my own home. :-) There was also great light in the hallways which are lined with fun wall art. Best of all? It was quiet. Peope were coming and going, but the solidly built room ensured those noises didn't impact me.

I arrived early for check-in and they greeted me promptly, they found me a room and even escorted me to the elevators. My room service lunch was delicious and the concierge recommened Asian cuisine was a divine (and delivered!) dinner.

I attended an on-site conference the second day. The food at the conference FAR surpassed that which has been provided at other conference sites (hotels & clubs) in the city. The servers at our conference also far surpassed the typical service. They were attentive, helpful, respectful and friendly.

And when I left something behind? They Fed-Exed it to me next day!

I have a new favorite work hotel and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting an exciting night on the town - just for fun. They have really done a great job here. Go check them out!

2 Thank ChiMom
Radissonbluaqua, General Manager at Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
I can't thank you enough for the wonderful review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed everything from your checkin experience to room service to or banquets department! I have passed your compliments on to everyone and you really put a smile on our team's face! Thanks again! I hope that we see you back again soon!