“Margaret gets down low at Chicago Ped-Way”
Review of Chicago Elevated

Chicago Pedway Walking Tour
Ranked #14 of 171 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: If you're looking for a Chicago walking tour that is fun, inspiring and inexpensive, you are looking at the right place! I'm Margaret, 10-year veteran tour guide, comedian and your personal insider to this awesome city. My 20-year improv experience guarantees that you will get a tour that is entertaining, full of awesome stories and info and not your average scripted recitation. I work hard to make sure my facts are spot on and I promise you I've never given the same tour twice, each group has it's own personality. I keep my groups small and my ideas BIG. Check out my site for more tours and let me know if you have any questions about your trip to Chicago! (Oooh, you can do a private tour too! Just ask!)
Chicago, Illinois
“Margaret gets down low at Chicago Ped-Way”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Margaret with her architecture and Second City comedy background gives a wacked-out over the top hillarious tour of downtown Chicago's underground pedestrian walkway in her own unique way. She top's Bill Murray and Chevy Chase as the new funny kid on the block. Don't miss her show.

New Zealand
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“if you do one tour, do this one”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

the Pedway is a well kept secret - Margaret gave us a wonderful insight and personal tour seeing we were the only 2 booked in - but the tour went on. the time went very quickly, the walking is not onerous and we had a great time looking/ learning and getting the unique perspective of a local. Recommended.

Sao Paulo, SP
“Great Pedway Tour!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you're interested to know how Chicago Pedway works, this is a tour for you! The guide (Margaret) was great, made a lot of jokes, but at the same time seemed to really know what she was talking about. I've read the Lonely Planet guide a few days ago and she'd properly mentioned some of the information I've read there -- and much more! Besides, the price (US$20) was good too, for all that info you get on the 90-minutes tour.

I've read some people complaining about going on Saturday because the Pedway itself was partially closed, but I've gone on a Thursday and everything was up and running fine.

Highly recommended!!

Charlotte County, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Chicago Elevated has another great tour!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I recently took another tour with Margaret Hicks of Chicago Elevated. This tour was The Loop Tour, which was a history and architecture tour of the Loop/Downtown area of Chicago. It was informative and interesting, and Margaret's talent and enthusiasm as the guide made this a superlative tour. I look forward to taking any other tour that Margaret may give.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Pedway Tour”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This tour was fun and lively - but also full of historical information and cool facts. Margaret is friendly and energetic. Her engaging, interactive style makes you think the tour has been developed and presented just for you. This was also true of Margaret's South Loop tour that I took a year earlier. The time passed quickly, with so much to see and learn along the way. I definitely plan to take more tours with Chicago Elevated.

Visited June 2013