“Great fun! And a unique view of Chicago”
Review of Chicago Elevated

Chicago Pedway Walking Tour
Ranked #8 of 195 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: I'm Margaret and I'm so happy to be your tour guide in Chicago! This is the single most beautiful city and I can't wait to take you on a walking tour to prove it. I like walking tours because you can see, smell and be a part of the whole experience of Chicago. Plus, you never know what you're going to see! Whether you're looking for something a little quirky and off-the-beaten path like the Chicago Pedway tour, or you want to head outside and see all the best highlights with the best guide in the city, I'm the droid you're looking for. Ask me questions, I love them. Make a reservation, I love those too and let's get out and see this gorgeous city. PRIDE BABY!
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We toured a bit of the Pedway with Margaret, and learned many interesting things about Chicago's history in the process. Our tour started with a quick intro across the streat from Daly Plaza (with the Picasso statue), then Margaret took us down below. We went up, we went down, we saw beautiful interiors and oddities. The funny thing about the Pedway is, many people don't know it's there. Get yourself a map of it, and use it when the weather outside is bad. Just don't expect one section of the Pedway to connect with all other sections; it's in bits and pieces, but some of the bits are more extensive. Great tour, very entertaining.

All reviews
"informative tour"
in 8 reviews
"cultural center"
in 10 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 8 reviews
in 5 reviews
"tours"
in 93 reviews

Reviewed March 27, 2013

As a recent arrival in Chicago, I took Margaret's Pedway tour so I could learn more about finding my way around this beautiful city.

It was not only a wonderful and entertaining experience -- Margaret is a knowledgeable, vivacious, and friendly guide -- but perhaps one of the best investments I've made. I can now navigate in and out of city streets and places quickly and easily, all the while staying out of any inclement weather. I also learned about some of the history of Chicago and met some colorful characters. What took Margaret just a couple of hours to show me would have taken months for me to learn on my own.

This tour is outstanding value and you'll learn something, even if you are only visiting this gorgeous city. Put it on your list!

1  Thank R F
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I join my 3 college buddies annually for a weekend in Chicago. We included the Pedway Tour on our trip last fall, and it really was the best part of the trip (aside from just being with my dear buddies!). Maragaret is wacky, funny and so knowledgable regarding Chicago. I came away from the tour feeling as if I knew more than some Chicagoans about Chicago. Highly recommended!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We've lived in the city for eight years and we new 'of' the pedway but not 'about' the pedway. What a great tour! Margaret was a great guide and made the tour fun and informative. This is a great tour for visitors to the city (especially in the winter months) but it's great for locals too

See more reviews
Reviewed March 16, 2013

What a fantastic time my girlfriend and I were treated to on the Pedway Tour provided by Chicago Elevated. Our guide Margaret was a little eccentric and may in fact need to be committed. If you take this tour (and I strongly advise you do), you will literally get see beneath the city and experience some of the history and architectural foundations which define Chicago, not forgetting of course the Pedway itself. If this wasn't already a walking tour she would deserve a standing ovation. Margaret really brought the experience alive and is incredibly knowledgeable about all things Chicago. Make sure you ask about the Dave Matthews disaster and will hopefully be lucky enough to see the 'good question' dance. Excellent value and a massive thank you for such a great time.

7  Thank michelrouxjr
Chicagoelevated, Owner at Chicago Elevated, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

This may be my favorite review of all time. I lol'd. Thank you thank you! So funny. Oh man.