“The Pedway Tour was the highlight of our annual girls' weekend”
Review of Chicago Elevated

Chicago Pedway Walking Tour
Ranked #14 of 171 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: If you're looking for a Chicago walking tour that is fun, inspiring and inexpensive, you are looking at the right place! I'm Margaret, 10-year veteran tour guide, comedian and your personal insider to this awesome city. My 20-year improv experience guarantees that you will get a tour that is entertaining, full of awesome stories and info and not your average scripted recitation. I work hard to make sure my facts are spot on and I promise you I've never given the same tour twice, each group has it's own personality. I keep my groups small and my ideas BIG. Check out my site for more tours and let me know if you have any questions about your trip to Chicago! (Oooh, you can do a private tour too! Just ask!)
Muncie,Indiana, United States
“The Pedway Tour was the highlight of our annual girls' weekend”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I join my 3 college buddies annually for a weekend in Chicago. We included the Pedway Tour on our trip last fall, and it really was the best part of the trip (aside from just being with my dear buddies!). Maragaret is wacky, funny and so knowledgable regarding Chicago. I came away from the tour feeling as if I knew more than some Chicagoans about Chicago. Highly recommended!

Visited November 2012

Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“What a great tour! Very informative - even for locals”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We've lived in the city for eight years and we new 'of' the pedway but not 'about' the pedway. What a great tour! Margaret was a great guide and made the tour fun and informative. This is a great tour for visitors to the city (especially in the winter months) but it's great for locals too

Camberley, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Chicago Elevated on a pedestal above the rest”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

What a fantastic time my girlfriend and I were treated to on the Pedway Tour provided by Chicago Elevated. Our guide Margaret was a little eccentric and may in fact need to be committed. If you take this tour (and I strongly advise you do), you will literally get see beneath the city and experience some of the history and architectural foundations which define Chicago, not forgetting of course the Pedway itself. If this wasn't already a walking tour she would deserve a standing ovation. Margaret really brought the experience alive and is incredibly knowledgeable about all things Chicago. Make sure you ask about the Dave Matthews disaster and will hopefully be lucky enough to see the 'good question' dance. Excellent value and a massive thank you for such a great time.

7 Thank michelrouxjr
Chicagoelevated, Owner at Chicago Elevated, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
This may be my favorite review of all time. I lol'd. Thank you thank you! So funny. Oh man.
evergreen park
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“underground city”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I went on the pedway tour with my sister, for her birthday. The tour guide, Margaret is great. She was very informative about the city and the pedway. I would definitely recommend the tour to anyone, living in Chicago or visiting.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank renee o
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Fun and informative.”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

An informative tour with an amusing and animated guide. The time went fast, and I learned new things about Chicago.