“Winter Underground Chicago”

Chicago Pedway Walking Tour
Ranked #14 of 174 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: If you're looking for a Chicago walking tour that is fun, inspiring and inexpensive, you are looking at the right place! I'm Margaret, 10-year veteran tour guide, comedian and your personal insider to this awesome city. My 20-year improv experience guarantees that you will get a tour that is entertaining, full of awesome stories and info and not your average scripted recitation. I work hard to make sure my facts are spot on and I promise you I've never given the same tour twice, each group has it's own personality. I keep my groups small and my ideas BIG. Check out my site for more tours and let me know if you have any questions about your trip to Chicago! (Oooh, you can do a private tour too! Just ask!)
“Winter Underground Chicago”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We loved this Chicago Elevated Pedway Tour. It was so fun and educational. This is the perfect tour for a cold winter day. You have to be amazed at exploring an unseen facet of Chicago. Margaret Hicks was an excellent tour guide. She was informative and funny. This is a must see for Chicagoans and tourists. I took my niece from Hawaii on this tour since she is a student at The School of The Art Institute Chicago. She discovered indoors treasures so close to her residence hall that were amazing. This tour is totally worth it.

Visited January 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Chicago Pedway: Who knew?!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Informative and fun. Animated and energetic, Margaret certainly knows her way around UNDER the city!

Aurora, il
7 attraction reviews
“must-do”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

agree that this is a wonderful diversion for visitors, suburbanites or natives. Margaret is warm, entertaining and informative. Having the pedways at my command is a big plus for future visits to this wonderful city.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pedway away!”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

If you're just visiting Chicago, recently moved to the city, or a life-long resident, you must find a moment to explore the city with Margaret Hicks. There is nothing like it!!! Her Pedway Tour takes you along this mostly underground system of pathways that allows you to walk from one section of downtown Chicago to another - without having to go outdoors. It's confusing, and doesn't seem to have much of a plan, but Margaret made the journey so incredibly interesting and fun that we were ready to sign-up for another one of her Chicago excursions on the spot. There are a number of tours out there, but they are all missing one very important component - Margaret. So be sure to make your reservations today!

1 Thank designslinger
PORTAGE
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pedway System”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We started our Pedway tour from the second floor at the corner or Dearborn and Lake. Still amazed that the Pedway System wasn't all underground. Margaret is not only personality plus - she incorporated interesting Chicago history into our Pedway tour. We will now visit the Cultural Center on our next visit to Chicago. Study the history of Montgomery Ward. Look at the Picasso Sculpture from a few more angles.