“The best tour”

Chicago Pedway Walking Tour
Ranked #16 of 186 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: If you're looking for a Chicago walking tour that is fun, inspiring and inexpensive, you are looking at the right place! I'm Margaret, 10-year veteran tour guide, comedian and your personal insider to this awesome city. My 20-year improv experience guarantees that you will get a tour that is entertaining, full of awesome stories and info and not your average scripted recitation. I work hard to make sure my facts are spot on and I promise you I've never given the same tour twice, each group has it's own personality. I keep my groups small and my ideas BIG. Check out my site for more tours and let me know if you have any questions about your trip to Chicago! (Oooh, you can do a private tour too! Just ask!)
Reviewed October 17, 2012

TripAdvisor Chicago Elevated
The Pedway Tour is a must for visitors and even Chicago residents alike. Several times a week a lovely local Chicago lady will lead you through widely unknown but perfectly open, perfectly clean and perfectly safe walkways between downtown high-rises. The good lady, Margaret Hicks, knows so much about Chicago and she’s so full of enthusiasm about sharing that knowledge that just listening to her is already a pleasant experience. Much of it is about the interesting history of Chicago and about the splendid architecture of that fascinating city. The tour takes about 1 ½ hours, but not all of that is walking. Much of it is just listening and looking. There are also lots of restrooms on the way. And at the end you are surrounded by restaurants. We sampled the Atwood Café at 1 W. Washington and had one of the best salmons ever. A touch pricey but delicious.

Go for it. It may be one of the better tours you ever get on.

1  Thank GCHHawaii

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is my second tour with Margaret of Chicago Elevated Walking Tours in Chicago. Margaret is prompt, ready to go and full of energy and wit. This was a tour of Chicago's Red Light District. From the turn of the century until the depression, Margaret knows her stuff. It was a great walking tour. Full of history, but presented in a fun way. Lots of twists of fate in the old days and Margaret brought the Red Light District to life on our tour. I have been on a lot of tours in Chicago (I live here) and Margaret is the best of the best. Be sure to take one or several of her walking tours. A new way to visit for both tourists and residents alike.

1  Thank SueBenner
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had such a great time on the Diaster Tour, we took the Pedway Tour as well. Margaret is a great tour guide, she is funny and really knows what she is talking about. You learn from a real insider that knows the City, the time just flies on Margaret's tours, would highly recommend. The 90 minute tours are just the right amount of time.

1  Thank JCUlmer
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I joined Margaret's Pedway tour this Saturday and would like to share this with others, as the tour was very interesting, educational, funny and informative. Margaret is a very sweet, funny and knowledgable Tour Guide and has not only shown us the very interesting spots in the Pedway, but also had great stories to tell to each spot and architecture. Can totally recommend it for anybody interested in exploring some strange and unknown parts of Chicago. Thank you Margaret for the amazing morning. X

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I had done Margaret's Pedway tour some time ago and when I saw this tour advertised I signed up right away. Her tours are so informative but more than that, they are fun!!! The time flew by so quick that I hated to see it end. If you like to learn and see things outside of the usual tour books, Chicago Elevated is the place to go!