“Chicago Elevated is the Best”
Review of Chicago Elevated

Chicago Pedway Walking Tour
Ranked #14 of 174 Tours in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: If you're looking for a Chicago walking tour that is fun, inspiring and inexpensive, you are looking at the right place! I'm Margaret, 10-year veteran tour guide, comedian and your personal insider to this awesome city. My 20-year improv experience guarantees that you will get a tour that is entertaining, full of awesome stories and info and not your average scripted recitation. I work hard to make sure my facts are spot on and I promise you I've never given the same tour twice, each group has it's own personality. I keep my groups small and my ideas BIG. Check out my site for more tours and let me know if you have any questions about your trip to Chicago! (Oooh, you can do a private tour too! Just ask!)
Charlotte County, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Chicago Elevated is the Best”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I went on two Chicago Elevated tours in the same day- the Pedway and Printer's Row tours. Both tours were fun, educational, and fast moving. Margaret is very energetic and thoroughly knows her subject. At fifteen dollars, the price is right, and reserving a spot for a tour is handled very quick and easily through email. I have taken other tours from other companies while vacationing in Chicago, and I can easily say that Chicago Elevated is the best tour company I have dealt with. She offers another tour of the Riverwalk, and when I return to Chicago, I am definitely signing up for that tour.

1 Thank dghutton

MCHENRY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“most fun Chicago tour -- and I've been on many”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I have lived in Chicago for 30 years, and whenever family and friends come for a visit, I take them to do various touristy things. I heard about the pedway tour on the radio, then visited the website. Took my 15 year old niece on the Printer's Row/Red Light District tour. (She really enjoyed it too)

It was terrific!! Just enough about architecture, but not too much "built in 1800 by this architect, 400 feet tall" commentary. It was fun learning the history of this area of Chicago I really didn't know.

I'm hoping to go on other tours as different friends visit. Thanks, Margaret. You were fun, funny and very compelling.

1 Thank funouting
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Tour was terrific.”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I was in Chicago on a family reunion with 16 people (3 generations), ranging in age from 15 to 82. I e-mailed Margaret and arranged a custom walking tour of downtown for this sizeable group. Margaret kept everyone engaged, amused and focused, no easy task given the broad range of ages and interests. At the end of our visit, we all agreed it was one of the highlights of our long weekend in Chicago.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Laurie02210
Louisville, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent -- both entertaining and educational!”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I was able to try the Chicago Elevated Pedway Tour this week while my husband was in a business meeting. I appreciated the way Margaret answered any of my emails beforehand in such a prompt and friendly way. The rainy weather didn't put a damper on this walking tour at all since it was all indoors. Not only did we get to see much of the Pedway system, our tour also included many beautiful buildings it passes through -- including the James R. Thompson Center (must see from the inside) and the gorgeous Chicago Cultural Center. Margaret has a great love and knowledge of Chicago that she seems to genuinely enjoy sharing. We were all having a great time! Now I know that if it's ever raining again outside, I can use the indoor Pedway to get from my hotel to train stations, restaurants, shopping and more. Next time we're in Chicago, we'll definitely try Margaret's river walk or historic "red-light district" tour.

1 Thank withmybuddy
Irvine, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing Pedway Tour”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

This was our first trip to Chicago and I stumbled upon Chicago Elevated when searching for walking tours of the city. The word that caught my eye was "quirky" since that is so me. Well, Margaret was fantastic and made the city come alive for us. I have since recommended her tour to several friends and they have not been disappointed. I have also told Chicago "natives" about it and some have never seen the pedway!

Visited October 2010