“Good if expensive hotel restaurant”
Review of The Florentine

The Florentine
Reserve with OpenTable
The Florentine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #446 of 9,839 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: LaSalle
Transit: Metra Quincy/Wells Blue, Brown, Purple, Orange
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I ate at this resturant in the JW once for dinner and also for breakfast. My husband was at a business meeting so I dined alone. Service was decent but not exceptional. I had the carpaccio which was delicious and a simple hamburger and fries. The hamburger was a little undercooked but not enough to send back. It was very tasty and the fries some of the best I have had. The house red was good and while expensive a generous pour. Usually I find hotel restaurants to be lackluster but this was good. The bar area of the resturant was very lively. My husband and I also ate breakfast early before our flight back home. Friendly and very efficient service with excellent food. The burrata of strawberries and cream filled mozzarella was just perfect- light yet filling. My husband ordered a traditional egg and bacon breakfast which he stated was very good with perfectly cooked sunny side up eggs. Thank you to our waitress for the coffee to go, it made the early trip to the airport tolerable.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

The Florentine offers prepared picnics, and since I'm doing a kitchen remodel, I've ordered both the $40 and the $65 versions of their picnics. Both feed 2 people, according to the Florentine. They were both very good, with delightful courses. The $40 picnic includes panini, salad, beet chips & potato chips, buratta salad and fabulous cheesecake, along with sodas & utensils. The $65 picnic had enough food to easily feed 4 people and included house made cheeses, proscuitto & melon, roast chicken & potatoes, a wide selection of grilled vegetables, breads & grissini, olives, roasted almonds, and a bottle of wine. It was a very elegant picnic & I will certainly order this when I want to actually go to Millenium Park for some music one evening.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I enjoyed both lunch and dinner at the Florentine on my recent stay in Chicago. The restaurant is large and is well decorated. I was seated promptly for lunch and enjoyed the salmon, and the delicious bread assortment. The service was quick and pleasant. For dinner, the restaurant accomodated our large group in a private area ... it was kind of like a library nook ... we all loved it. Everyone at dinner seemed to enjoy the meal very much. It is a great place to dine with colleagues and business associates. A little on the pricier side, but the food did not disappoint and the service was excellent! Good wine selection. I would certainly return here on my next stay at the JW Marriott.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

The food was good. I had the gnocchi and it was delicious. It is a little pricey but expected. The mood is set for a romantic diner but we brought our 1 yr old with us and luckily he behaved well.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was greeted by the Hostess Amanda, who was very accommodating , however the wait staff in particular David was curt, with no customer focus, did not even greet me, he simply in a loud voice
Said, WATER. The other waiter was equally rushed and they were running around with the place hardly full. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE, THOUGH SITUATED AT JW MARRIOTT, it is not managed or operated by the hotel.
I ordered a pizza, which even at the most common places in Europe would do a superior job, overally rated and pathetically over priced.
Do not waste your time.....