“Generous portions of fabulous food”
Review of Maude's Liquor Bar

Maude's Liquor Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Maude's Liquor Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #183 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Loop
Description: A sultry, intimate environment serving rustic French classics, fresh seafood and handcrafted cocktails.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I didn't believe the waitress when she told us that the serving portions are generous and meant to be shared. But she was right. What a wonderful thing to have generous helpings of exquisite food. We shared salads (espeically liked the Lyonaisse) then some classics: roasted chicken and steamed mussels. The chicken was perfectly prepared; moist inside with no hint of rubberiness. There is a nice selection of wines (mostly French) by the glass. The dessert menu is simple (two choices), but the creme brulee was among the best I've ever had. I didn't need a long dessert menu. The decor is casual chiche. There was relaxing, live music when we visited on a Sunday evening. Very nice. This is place I want to go back and visit the next time I'm in Chicago.

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful mean at this new restaurant. It began with a perfect cocktail and continued from there. I enjoyed the best chicken liver mousse ever with a unique presentation and a shallot jam. The meal was a memorable evening.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

OH MY GOD THE BONE MARROW. A few friends and I came here a couple months ago mainly to have drinks after dinner. But we were quickly distracted by the deliciousness on the menu and decided to order ourselves a second dinner, and THANK GOODNESS we did!!!! We ordered the bone marrow and the gnocchi with brown butter and summer squash. The gnocchi was the best I ever had, but it was quickly outshone by the bone marrow.

First of all, the bone marrow portion is HUGE and a great deal for the price. Maybe it's because I'm used to NYC prices on everything, but it was a ton of marrow. Secondly, it was prepared perfectly. The perfect balance of grilledness/roastedness/tenderness. OMG.

We were lucky to have gotten a table because it was a weekend around 8-9pm and we didn't have a reservation. It's definitely worth it, so get yourself a reservation and go eat bone marrow!!!!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Our daughter suggested Maude's and we went there with the whole family. The service was excellent. The dinning rooms were very cool. We split courses for appetizers and dinner. The cocktails were excellent. Food prices were fair. Overall a very good experience and would definitely recommend.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Drinks are great and ambience is like old world !! I am vegetarian but will still go back for drinks and glazed carrots:)