“Excellent food and quiet space for conversation”
Review of Sawtooth Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Sawtooth Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Loop
Cross street: Ada
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The 'shaky beef' and 'duck salad' are outrageously tasty with a great sense of portion and proportion. The specialty drinks are always refreshing especially the Saigon Summer. Easy to get to and easy parking nearby. Great spot for conversation with friends or business associates.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I admit it - went because of the coupon, but definitely going back. Both my husband and I had a hard time choosing what to try, so relied on waiter and not disappointed, and totally impressed by the wine menu. Excellent bar and restaurant space and romance definitely an option as you can have a conversation over the music. Service and hospitality top rated. More than one employee very much interested in our experience. Try the Imperial Rolls and Banh Xeo (saigon style crepe) appetizers, chicken curry and pan fried king salmon entrees.

Reviewed April 1, 2011

I went to Sawtooth on a "Groupon" and have been back twice since. I love the decor, the menu,the service and the drinks. The first time there, I tried what I thought would be un-Vietname like chicken wings and the sauce on the wings was sublime. (both times I've been back, I've ordered these, just to carry them out). The decor, from the entrance in, is inviting with beautiful red umbrellas and bamboo. Their wine list and their cocktail list is also extremely well done. I made a stop at another restaurant recently where I could barely find a single glass of wine below $15. No such problem here, and yet the wines are first rate.

The restaurant is on the very western most end of West Randolph but the good news for that is that parking is a bit easier to come by, as a result.

If I were looking to bring an out-of-town friend to an atmospheric place with outstanding food and ambiance, this would be high on the list.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook