“Best Italian in Lincoln Park”
Review of mangia roma - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Transit: Red line stop 1 block away at the corner of North Ave. & Clybourn
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Me and my wife go there at least twice a month and it's consistently good. The food is very fresh and the flavors always hit the spot. We highly recommend this restaurant to anyone craving great Italian food.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

My husband and I often attend theater productions at the Steppenwolf Theater and the Royal George Theater and really enjoying have Mangia Roma so near to both of them.
The menu is diverse--from sandwiches to salads to pizzas to pasta.
The prices are medium, the food is consistenty good, the service has always been excellent.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Since this is located almost right across from the Steppenwolf Theater and close to the Royal George, it is a good choice before the theater. It is not the best Italian food in the city but very serviceable. Prices aren't unreasonable, but slightly a bit upward. Portions, however, are a good size and from what we had it looks difficult to go wrong. The pizza is delicious and flavorful. A 12" either serves as a good entree or a nice appetizer for two to four people. Add a small salad and for two people you will have more than enough to eat at under $25. My friend had the veal saltimboca and raved the taste, if a bit rich with the cheese. The place is not fancy, but not a huge seating area. The waitstaff seemed to be very reliable and pleasant. Wines also seemed to be fairly priced and you get a good pour.

Reviewed February 10, 2012

My friends and I just stopped by to try the pizza but was surprised by the wonderful food it offered. From the crostini to the expresso every bite was a treat. I guess if you did not go to the theater (just across the street) you would not know about this hidden gem. I loved the focaccia bread my mussels were perfect and I also tryed the shrimp pasta, lamb shank and cod. WOW had not one bad bite. The four of us had a feast. The service was geat! We felt at ease asking the staff questions about the dishes' preparation and what wine would go with our meal. Each dish was prepared to our liking. It's not a fast food restaurant each morsel is to be savored and enjoyed to taste the good quality. If you like good genuine Italian food you'll love this place. I will defenetly go back over and over again
and try all the dishes in the menu!!!!

Reviewed October 20, 2011

We were given the name of this restaurant because of its proximity to the Steppenwolf Theatre. This restaurant proved to be quite a find for us. The Server was Awesome!!!! She was attentive and easy to converse with. She gave us great menu advice. I had a terrific thin crust pizza which could have easily fed two. My husband and friend both had fork-tender veal parmesan. Everyone enjoyed their choice! Dessert was gelato for our friends and tiramisu for us. I cannot say enough good things about our total experience at Mangia Roma! Perfect before or after theatre choice.