“Great Steak”

Chicago Cut Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Chicago Cut Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #116 of 9,530 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: LaSalle & Wacker
Transit: We are conveniently located near the Merchandise Mart Brown Line stop and the Clark and Lake Blue, Brown, Purple, Green, Orange & Pink Lines.
Description: They're relatively new, but on the web. Great place! I promised them I'd give them some love on Trip Advisor. Please let me know when you list them so I can write a review.
Yorkville, Illinois
“Great Steak”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Husband and I both enjoyed our filet mignon. Cooked very well. Service was top notch. View and Ambience were wonderful. We did not like the Scalloped Potatoes. They were oily and had a spice that did not pair well with the streak.

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

A group of us go out for steaks in Chicago on a quarterly basis -- just recently seven of us had lunch at Chicago Cut, and were very satisfied. The large open room is noisy when crowded, but we'd booked for a later hour so it quieted down.Various cuts of steak were all excellent -- a larger dinner menu is available on request at mid-day. Starters ranging from oysters to salads the same, and sides for the table were modest but suitable as our focus was on the meat.
Having responsibility for the wine, I am "old school" enough to be put off by the awkward iPad wine list -- but we did perfectly well with a decent J Drouhin burgundy.
Service by a well-coordinated team was timely and efficient.
We may not go back any time soon, as we make a point of searching out new choices, but the group vote was favorable.

Wichita, KS
“Top notch food and service”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

The food, service and atmosphere here are the best around. Prices are on the high end but it is worth it.

Visited November 2013
“" TOO LOUD ...and overrated "”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Went for diner with a larger group. We had a reservation but we were stirred to the very crowded bar area first and ordered drinks while we waited. Once we sat down, we could not hear each other talk! The place is so loud !! I have never been to a restaurant this loud!! Everybody was shouting to be heard. Very unpleasant experience. This was my second time eating there. I was not impressed the first time and wanted to give it another try but was even less impressed this time around. Besides the incredible deafening loudness , they pack so many people in the dinning room and the tables are so close to each other that you can not possible enjoy the experience. Definitely not a place to go on a date or if you want to have a nice conversation. Food is ok at best. Overpriced and overrated . Their steaks are nothing special, seafood just ok. The key lime pie is pretty good though. But they are so many other other steakhouses in Chicago that are so much better! And again ...why don' t they do something about the acoustics?

1 Thank Nadou123
Brisbane, Australia
“Steak heaven”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Being a Queenslander I believe we have access to some of the world's best foods - particularly excellent quality meats. However, I will happily concede that by far the best steak I have enjoyed for many years was at the Chicago Cut Steakhouse.
It is a busy, expensive restaurant but as I was there as a guest of a business colleague there was no prospect of a large bill at the end of the meal to diminish my enjoyment. The food was expertly prepared and served, the steak melted in my mouth, the waiters were a bit busy and not quite as sharp as I had come to expect in American restaurants, but overall it was an excellent meal. Judging by the queue out the door (on a bitter November night) others share my view.
The wine list was broad, although they had a limited selection of GSM style red blends. I particularly enjoy the Grenache, Shiraz, Mouverdre (GSM) blend with a steak. My host graciously indulged my taste by letting me order one of the limited number of GSMs on the wine list. To my shame I have forgotten the brand, but it was excellent and my hosts have now added GSM to their wine repertoire.
I am looking forward to returning to Chicago and will ensure I repeat the experience - it's my shout next.

• Visited November 2013