Rockit Burger Bar
Neighborhood: Wrigleyville
Cross street: Waveland
Transit: Red Line - Addison Brown Line - Southport
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We ate and had drinks at Rockit because we wanted somewhere that was playing the hockey game after we got out of the Cubs game. It is about a block from Wrigley. It wasn't too busy and we were able to get a table for 6. They had good options for food and beer. It wasn't super cheap though. Also the service wasn't great, we had to ask for a few things a bunch of times. Also the girls in our group said that there was water all over the bathroom floor. I would say only go if you are looking for somewhere close to Wrigley.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

After many great meals in Chicago last weekend, we wanted a burger and fry place. Our hotel suggested Rockit Bar & Grill, and said that it was just a short walk from the Hotel. It is a cozy place... and I mean cozy! We sat a table on the floor, as opposed to the raised booths that circled the large dining room. The table and chairs there were VERY close together. Each time someone moved from another table or a waited, one of us were bumped. I would go back again, but I would ask for a booth. It is also very noisy. Definitely not a quite dinner. The menus are covered by cool old album covers so each one is different. The menu is common, but with twists that then make it unusual.
I had the Taco Salad. It came in an oddly but cool shaped tortilla shell. It was like a huge scoop, and filled to the top with salad. Instead of regular taco meat, it came with 6 oz. of blackened filet mignon. I must of missed the blackened part, because mine was so spicy that I gave my husband the meat. The waiter offered chicken, but I was OK with all of the other salad. My husband had the steak salad and raved about it. One friend had a burger and loved it. The other friend had a salad too, and loved it.
As we were leaving, the manager was escorting out a young man that had had way to much to drink. He somehow had the man by the elbow and the man wasn't saying much until he got outside, at the same time we were leaving. We were all impressed with the manner that the manager handled the young man. The young man wasn't smart enough (or sober enough) to realize he should just leave. The manager said exactly all the right things. Good job!
We all agreed that we would go back again when in Chicago. I will definately have a TV dinner. It looked awesome!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

The place was packed and I made a reservation a month in advance. They seated us 20 minutes past our reservation time and it was a struggle to get the table. I had to ask 3 different people. The burgers are OK. The best thing about this place is its location near Wrigley Field.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

This is a really fun place first of all and the food is just too yummy for words I think. Fries- we love them, but if you have never had truffle fries you are truly missing out. Out of this world- however even better than the truffle fries is the truffle pizza!
Want a burger, you will have one like no other here.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

We were in Chicago and needed some food so we stopped into Rockit Bar and Grill. We all had burgers and Sweet Potato fries. I opted to have the sliders instead of the full size burger and was glad with my choice. There Regular burgers are HUGE! It is the most expensive burger lunch I have ever had but well worth the money.