“Addicted” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mastro's Steakhouse

Mastro's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mastro's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #155 of 9,466 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: North Dearborn and Grand
“Addicted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are looking for an excuse just to go back! Bone-in ribeye was amazing. I ordered it be accident and I wasn't able to finish the entire steak.The waiter was nice enough to wrap it up to go. The lobster mashed potatoes are my husband's absolute favorite. This was our second visit and we are looking forward to the 3rd. The service and ambiance are great and along with the live music. I can't wait to go back again. It was well worth dragging through all the snow. I wish there was a restaurant in Orlando, FL.

• Visited March 2014

• Polish first
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
“Fabulous! Will return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

The food, the service, the ambiance --- all was top of the line and exactly what one is looking for in a steakhouse. The steak was perfect and delicious, sides were all wonderful and I could fly back just to taste the warm butter cake! The management visited our table - warm and friendly. A wonderful experience!

IL
“AMAZING FOOD, FANTASTIC SERVICE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

The steak was perfect, and huge! The lobster mashed potatoes were to die for and the bone marrow starter was out of this world! Service was also top notch and the Gal singing in the bar looked like a model. Great time all around!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Chicago, Illinois
“Worth every penny spent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

We are big steakhouse lovers and try several a year in Chicago and other cities we visit. Mastro stands out in every way! Valet parking out the front door, very friendly and helpful hostess/greeter assists. We were waiting for our friends so took advantage of the GINORMOUS bar. Bartender was helpful, friendly and conversational without being intrusive. Once we finished our cocktails and our friends arrived we were seated immediately. We wanted to sit by a window, so they moved us right away. Unfortunately once we got there we found it was COLD here! We asked our server if we should move or was there something they could do, he assured us they would correct it so stay where we were an enjoy the view. WIthin 2 minutes the manager came out confirmed we wanted to have more heat and voila! In minutes the heat was on and we were comfortable. The entire experience is top notch service then you get the steaks. They are every bit the rival of Gibsons. 4 steaks, all different styles and preparation levels and all 4 were AMAZING!! No one shared, we all devoured ours :-) The sides are generous and I have to say, not sure what they did but all 4 of us commented these were the best fries we could remember having. We also had green beans that were fresh, crisp and just plain excellent! It's pricey but it's absolutely worth every cent. We'll be back and if you haven't been here---you HAVE to visit. IMHO way better than Chicago Chop, N9NE and even Chicago Steaks.

Newbury, Ohio
“Wonderful food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Our reserved table was ready for us upon our arrival. I ordered the petite filet and my husband enjoyed the 12oz bone in filet. My steak was done to what they called "medium plus" it was the most tender and delicious steak I have ever had! We shared a very healthy portion of the lobster mashed potatoes which was very good! For dessert we shared the warm butter cake..decadent with a scoop of ice cream on top and a huge offering of home made whipped cream on the side. We enjoyed he more up beat music playing in the background..didn't seem as stuffy as some upper scale restaurants. The only reason I give Mastros 4 stars instead of 5 is the lighting. It was waaaay too dark. I could barely see my husband sitting across from me. Our server Kelly was great, but I don't think a server should have to offer you a flashlight to read the menu. Other couples were using the flashlights on their cell phones. Romantic is one thing..but this is eating in the dark..I really wanted to see the wonderful food I was eating! Will definitely return, but will definitely ask for an area with more light next time

Visited January 2014