“GOOD RESTAURANT.”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I often went to this restaurant with my wife, some dishes are really good, it is not so spicy like Lao Sichuan, I like the pork they cooked. Also the service is not bad. It is better for a Family event, since the entrée is always too very heavy to finish for solo or couple. It is not easy to take many tastes like a Chinese Buffet result. But anyway, it is not a bad option in Chicago Chinatown, at least, it won't let u down.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I discovered this gem on Good Friday in 2013. I've been back 5 times. As a widow with no escort on a permanent basis, it's not always easy to find a comfortable "go to restaurant". This is mine. Last night for example, we left the selection to our friend and manager, Michael.....superb. It was a "royal treat". Last Friday, I brought 4 friends and let him pick the menu. The noodles are hand made, the sauces are divine. The baby bok choy with mushrooms is the essence of elegance. The lamb omg. And I can't forget the soup dumplings, which is why we went in the beginning. Oh, why was Good Friday important. The velvet scallops. I can still remember how they tasted. Ah, what a restaurant.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Chicago's China Town is always fun to visit. There are so many restaurants there to choose from. A local recommended Lao Beijing to us. Lucky us! Michael is a delight and you can't go wrong with his recommendations. Go for the special crispy shrimp and the Beijing noodles. Yum!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The restaurant was absolutely packed and the service was a bit slow but a fun experience nonetheless. We walked in and found a seat for ourselves right by the door. We have visited China five times so we were hoping for the authentic flavored we knew from our trips. It was not but it was also better than the typical Chinese we get here in the states. Hands down, the best dish we had was the chive dumplings. They are boiled and the wrap is so deliciously soft. The filling tastes very authentic and yummy. The ma po tofu was beautiful but just way too hot (I had requested medium but it was still too hot). The tofu noodles with chicken were delicate and Tony's special dumplings were ok. One recommendation is to avoid the pork potstickers. They had no flavor and the dough was thicker than I use at home. Interestingly, the sesame chicken was fabulous and I did not think much of it when it was ordered as that is typically such a sweet dish here. We would try this restaurant again or probably Lao Shanghai.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Delicious Mandarin food! We will definitely be back. A stop on the the Chicago Food Planet tour! From the North region of China, delicious noodles and dumplings!

Been to Lao Beijing? Share your experiences!