“Tragic Events Tour”

City Running Tours-Chicago
Ranked #23 of 103 Outdoor Activities in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Our PERSONALIZED RUNNING TOURS are completely customizable to the day, time, distance and sights you want to see. Your personal running guide will pick you up from where you are staying, run at your pace, provide water and have a camera in case you feel like capturing the moment. At the completion of the run we will return you to where you are staying and you walk away with a souvenir goody bag.
Reviewed December 26, 2012

A friend and I did this tour last week, and while we are native to the Chicagoland area, we learned so many interesting facts that we had no prior knowledge of! Marlin is an extremely knowledge and inspiring man. He was a joy to run with; his kind spirit and use of corny jokes made the run all the more pleasant. The run was perfectly paced, and each location was supplemented with a fascinating story. We saw many beautiful architectural components that I've never picked up on before and learned an array of intriguing facts. The price for what you get is honestly a steal. We were the only people signed up for that day, so we had a personal 2 hour run all for just $25 plus tax. I'd recommend this tour for anyone who wants to learn a little while getting some cardio in. I hope to try one of the other 5Ks soon.

1  Thank Parmida Z

Reviewed December 18, 2012

FANTASTIC!!! This was an amazing experience! There is no doubt we learned more about Chicago history than any other tour or visit to the city. Our guide, Marlin, was willing to answer questions throughout our 26.2 mile journey!

Marlin accommodated our pace for the running portion which was a huge plus! He even took pictures, uploaded to Flickr, and e-mail many of the facts shared throughout the tour.

Was a great way to celebrate my sister's birthday (Marlin's as well)!!!

Highly recommended!! We will be looking at other city tours!!

1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have been to Chicago many times and I was looking for a new way to experience the city. I found great reviews for the Chicago River & Navy Pier tour and I can confirm them all. Marlin was very accommodating and a great running companion. I learned a lot about Chicago and had fun doing it. This was a great way to cover a lot of ground without having to be a competitive runner. I had a blast and will absolutely sign up for another run the next time I'm in Chicago!

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I had read about City Running tours here on TA, and also saw it listed on a running website when I was looking for a race to run during my trip. There are three different tours, and I think each one occurs twice a week. The day that fit my schedule was the "Tragic Events" tour.

It was a chilly damp morning, but the run was so much fun and super-informative. Marlin led us around the Loop, making quite a few stops along the way for stories, history, and photos. He also carried a backpack full of extra hats, gloves and sweatshirts for when we got cold.

I think any runner at any pace would enjoy this tour. You are done by mid morning and have the rest of the day to see this great city.

There were several really cool surprises on our tour and Marlin was a great host and guide. He went way out of his way after the run to make sure we had everything, and he emailed the tour info in case we had not remembered it all. I will for sure sign up for one of the other tours the next time I am in Chicago.

1  Thank wkmoon
Reviewed December 10, 2012

LOVED it! Marlin is awesome...extremely accommodating (coordinated an earlier run) and super knowledgeable about Chicago history. We'll definitely do another tour next time we're in CHI.