“Great tour of India & Pakistan, Chicago style”

Rebecca Wheeler - Food Tours
Ranked #16 of 60 Food & Drink in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Great tour of India & Pakistan, Chicago style”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great way to get to know Devon street beyond the marquee Indian places you've been. Tons of information—culinary and otherwise—on one of Chicago's most unique neighborhoods. Rebecca is a personable and knowledgable guide who gives you the right amount of information to be dangerous when you bring your friends back to show off your knowledge. A nice variety of foods to sample. Would recommend to Chicagoans looking to get to know the neighborhood beyond superficial, and visitors looking for an uncommon Chicago experience that goes beyond the Ferris wheel.

Wilmette
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Asia on Argyle food tour”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I highly recommend Rebecca Wheeler's culinary tours-what a fun way to discover and explore a Chicago neighborhood with friends or family. I learned a lot about new-to-me foods, ingredients and restaurants. Come with an appetite-there is a lot of tasty sampling. Rebecca is knowledgeable and passionate about foods and relates interesting stories about the neighborhood's history, stores and residents. After the tour, I shopped at an Asian grocery store to stock up for home cooking and now I know about great neighborhood places to eat.

2 Thank Anne H
“Argyle Food Tour”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I spent a wonderful few hours with Rebecca enjoying the sights and tastes of the Argyle/Broadway area last Saturday. She was a wonderful guide...introducing us to some of the neighborhoods best eateries, sharing the stories of the restaurant owners, and giving us insight into the history of this unique neighborhood. I walked away reminded of what a great city this is, full of places to explore...and also felt inspired to travel to the countries where this amazing food originated. This tour is perfect for locals and tourists alike and is a perfect way to demystify foods, neighborhoods and shopping in markets that might be outside of your comfort zone. LOVED the experience and will definitely be signing up for another of Rebecca's tours soon!

Chicago, Illinois
“Fabulous tour of Argyle neighborhood”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed the experience and opportunity to discover restaurants and bakeries in this fascinating corner of Chicago while learning about the background of the neighborhood and history and evolution the local Vietnamese/Asian cusine. Rebecca is a terrific guide and I highly recommend this tour to locals and tourists alike! We can't wait to take another of her Chicago neighborhood tours.

Visited November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Loved! South East Asian: Argyle Area”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My husband and I received this tour as a wedding gift...what a wonderful idea! The South East Asian tour was not only informative but a lot of fun and, of course, full of delicious food. Rebecca was the perfect tour guide. She was able to provide a lot of information and introduce us to a number of amazing restaurants and bakeries we would have never found in the three hours of the tour. The trip to the market was extremely helpful as well, since we love to cook and sometimes struggle to find the right ingredients at our grocery store. I look forward to heading up to the Argyle area again soon for lunch and a trip to the market.

Thanks Rebecca!