“Would love to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Karyn's On Green - CLOSED

Karyn's On Green
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Loop
Novi, Michigan
“Would love to go back!”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Karyn's On Green was recommended by a friend and we wanted to try this restaurant during our first trip to Chicago and I am so glad that we did. The atmosphere is trendy and the lighting was beautiful at night. None of us are vegetarians and the waiter was very helpful-explaining everything from drinks to dinner. I am not one for fancy muddled cocktails, but we tried the one with the juniper in in and it was very good. We all got different dishes, but mine was one of my favorite meals ever-vegetarian or not. I got the portabella mushrooms which were so delicious. It was on top of a roasted vegetable hash-maybe sweet potatoes, etc. There was another mushroom entree, but I think this looked better. It was a large serving with 2 giant mushrooms on top of the vegetables. The hummous appetizer was great too. We had an enjoyable evening and it was well worth the cab ride from our downtown hotel.

• Visited June 2014

Victoria, Canada
“Amazing Food and Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you're a vegan and discerning about where you eat, try Karyn's on Green! Fabulous food in a trendy atmosphere. Attentive waiters. AWESOME!! Outdoor seating in limited, but there is plenty of room indoors.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Elizabeth S
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful food, fabulous service”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Had lunch here and everything was fabulous. Our server was great. He was very friendly and helped us navigate the menu with helpful suggestions. Enjoyed a cocktail that had muddled blackberries and gin. The caesar salad was fresh and the portion was large (I ordered it in the side salad size). The "meatball" sliders were awesome. The flavors and textures were spot on. No, it didn't taste like beef, but it was as delicious if not better.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank wanderlustfamily17
New York City, New York
“Delicious, affordable dinner”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and a friend took me here to celebrate my 40th birthday. Everything we ate and drank was superb. The cocktails were strong and the portions acceptable.
I highty recommend the brussels sprouts and creme brulee. The atmosphere was fantastic too.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Robyn F
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Tasting Food, But Snobby...”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We celebrated a family event at Karyn's, Friday the 21st of March. There were 8 in our party. Most of us flew in from Minneapolis...We made reservations for 8:15. We loved everything on the menu. Drinks were wonderful. Appitizers were great... My wife and I spent almost $400.00 for the evening... This is our issue with Karyn's on Green... We did not fit the typical Karyn's Vegan customer...what I mean is, some of our guests are over weight, non Vegan types. They were not refined vegans. They asked a lot of questions to understand the menu... Our waitress was lax in her service...almost like we were bothering her. Getting drinks was very slow at times, like she forgot us......and to top it off, after we paid the bill of $387.00, I expected to see the waitress or at least the Restaurant Manager to thank us for the evening. We waited and waited and waited for someone, anyone, to come back to our table to pick up my American Express bill and see how we liked Karyn's. Nothing. Nodda. Blank'O. Karyn's staff made us feel like outcasts. Food was great! Snob appeal from the staff was enlightening.

Like · 2 seco