“Beyond Great”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Loop
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I am from Texas were steaks reign supreme. There are get few vegan restaurants where I live, so I was excited when I went to Karyn's on Green. I had the vegan tamales and didn't bat an eye when the waitress said they were raw. I have had vegan tamales before, but not a raw one. They were very good. The salsa complemented the tamales fantastically. we also ordered steak fries and usually, I am not a fan of chipotle sauces, but that and the bbq sauces were good as well. I gave the service a three because even though the waitress was nice, she did forget about us once it began to get busy. My only other grip would be I would have preferred ice water instead of room temp water, especially on a humid day like today. Great food and great company. I will definitely come back next time I am here.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Great food, good service, cute waiter (!). My carnivourus friends really liked the food and I as a vegetarian found a lot to eat for once. Go at once!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is the restaurant for meat eaters who would never imagine they would like vegan menus. Karyn and her team create amazing food with a mix of textures and flavors that will make even the most die hard carnivore not notice not miss the meat. Add to that an amazing cocktail list and a talented bar staff to create them and you have a great restaurant.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My party and I had a lovely experience at Karyn's this past weekend. Kelly served us and was absolutely incredible. With a relatively recent change to a no-meat and no-dairy diet, I've been immersed in all the nutritional lingo and definitions. However, the three people with me are regular meat-eaters and Kelly was so helpful and lively that it really made the experienced for us. We did manage to order too much food, even though she tried to advise us to start small, but all the appetizers were phenomenal and we were almost full by the time the entrees arrived. The bartender is a mixologist and was able to answer the barrage of drink questions in the group.

The atmosphere is casual but chic. We were comfortable wearing shorts on a very hot day, but I would have felt equally as comfortable wearing a dress. My husband and I are from MA, but we hope to make our way back to Karyn's one day.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

lovely atmosphere, on a very, very quiet day for them...so the zen was there....as a vegan it was so nice to be able to go to a restaurant and try new, innovative food....love their effort and results!!