“Great food, but overpriced”
Review of IPO - CLOSED

IPO
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: LaSalle/Adams
Transit: Blue Line "Jackson", Brown Line "Quincy" or "Monroe"
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I liked the food but didn't like having to order vegetables separately. That should be reserved for a high end steakhouse, in my opinion, not the restaurant at the W.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

In a city like Chicago, it almost seems a travesty to dine in your own hotel, but the IPO is an exception to that rule. On a recent stay in the hotel, a late flight arrival with and early next day meeting made in-hotel dinner the only reasonable choice. Like the W hotel that IPO is located in, the menu is eclectic. A shared plate of their gorgonzola garlic bread was our first sign that dinner would not disappoint - highly addictive! All our selections - from salmon to sweetbreads with beef cheeks were excellent When we returned the next day for lunch, we were presented with a complimentary basket of the bread for being 'stranded travellers'.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I ordered a great salad which was not on the menu. there's a lot of fish on this menu but I had the tenderloin which was awesome. Not big portions and not a lot to offer for plain eaters like me. But what I had was amazing.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Location, location, location: this restaurant is inside the uber-chic W Hotel on Adams St. Sumptuous and trendy décor define the ambiance. I ordered mushroom encrusted salmon, which was a bit dry, but that's what you get with meaty fish that's not cooked in its skin. Grilled brussel sprouts with bacon made this childhood "yuck" dish quite edible. Colleagues had steak salad, which got thumbs up, and ahi tuna sandwich, which was devoured. Overall, food was good not great, but like the surroundings.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Friendly staff, great food and very quick. I had a meeting at the Willis Tower at 8:30 am - I walked into IPO at 8:05 and told the staff I had to eat quickly and get moving - they were very accomodating. Food was great and I made it to my meeting with a few minutes to spare.