“The decor is all recycled material by Artist Davide and incredible food!!!”
Review of Ruxbin Kitchen

Ruxbin Kitchen
Ranked #760 of 9,832 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is the most amazing atmosphere/ food combination around! The brother/sister team who opened the restaurant are spot on in the comfort food/ eclectic flair that makes this place so special and keeps people coming back for more. The bathroom door is epic.... you have to go see it!!!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We couldn't have been in a more perfect place on a freezing cold night in the city -- the room was packed and made everyone that much more friendly. We knew the service quirks going in -- and had an outstanding meal. Brought our own wines -- and ended up sharing tastes with folks up and down our row. Fun bathroom -- great winter evening. Bonus,they take reservations on Sundays. Outstanding food all the way around. If I lived in the neighborhood, I'd be there often.

1  Thank Renee W
Reviewed January 16, 2013

They are very up front about wanting to get as many people served as possible in an evening. It is hard for me to enjoy even excellent food when I feel rushed. I knew going in that this was their policy and their prerogative. The food is eclectic, popcorn instead of bread. The popcorn was sea salt, sugar, sesame seed and seaweed flavored and quite good. We had two appetizers, two entrees and shared one desert. All were rather on the small side but fantastic. I would personally rather have smaller portions that are excellent than a lot of food that is fair. All of this took 55 minutes from the time we sat down till the time we left. Parking is street parking and we had no problem. I would recommend trying this restaurant on a week night, if for no other reason than, it is a quirky, tiny restaurant that serves tasty unusual pairings and you can supply your own alcoholic beverages. I saw on the menu that they make their own soda which a person sitting next to us ordered and it looked interesting. The wait staff was friendly, attentive and very knowledgeable about the items being served.

1  Thank Avidtraveler919
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is a small but intimate restaurant. We have been here on a number of occasions and have never been disappointed. It's best to get there early to get a seat because it fills up fast and they do not take reservations. As other reviewers have mentioned it is BYOB which can be really great if you want to enjoy your own nice bottle of wine and not have a huge markup which always happens when you dine out.

2  Thank jennlarra
Reviewed December 31, 2012

After trying to get into this restaurant for dinner on multiple occasions, my husband and I decided to try our luck on our wedding anniversary. We were happy to get a table shortly after arriving around 6PM on a Saturday evening. From checking in to closing our check, the service was fantastic - not a single complaint. Upon hearing that we were celebrating our anniversary, the staff presented us with a signed menu with a special note and dessert on the house - completely unexpected and very touching. The food was superb - I am still thinking about this meal days later. It is my understanding that the menu changes frequently - check the website for the most up to date menu selections. We started with the acorn soup and garlic fries. Both starters were fantastic. The serving size for the soups were perfect for individuals and the garlic fries are plentiful - enough for a table of four to share. We choose the shrimp and grits and short ribs with risotto for dinner. Again, excellent serving size - just the right amount. Our final bill totaled $89.00 and I found the prices to be perfectly matched to the quality of the meal and service.

Ruxbin is BYOB. You may order wine from Noble Grape or, obviously, bring your own. The corkage fee is $5 per table.

Ruxbin seats approximately 30 people and the largest table will seat four. This restaurant is not suited for large parties. It is the perfect place for a more intimate meal with a significant other or close friends. There is a single bathroom that patrons may enter through a darkroom door - be mindful to lock the door once you are in the bathroom!

2  Thank WindyCityTravelBug

Been to Ruxbin Kitchen? Share your experiences!