“Best Calamari Ever”

Francesca's on Chestnut
Reserve with OpenTable
Francesca's on Chestnut is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #209 of 9,525 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Cross street: Michigan Ave
Transit: We are accessible via the Chicago red line stop as well as the 151, 145, 146 and 147 Chestnut & Michigan CTA bus stop.
Eagan, Minnesota
“Best Calamari Ever”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This is a wonderful restaurant with excellent service. The calamari is to-die-for. Must try this wonderful and refreshingly different way of presenting calamari, which is GLUTEN FREE!!!! It is not breaded, but has a sauce that I have been all over the web trying to recreate in my own calamari experiment at home. The gluten free menu was very complete and I felt very comfortable with the safety of the preparation, as I am very sensitive to gluten. The whole dinner was excellent. Loved the greens. Wish I lived closer, as I would be a regular without a doubt. Parking was valet and this experience was seamless, though $16.

New Mexico
“Great choice for a wedding rehearsal dinner!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We were there as out of town guests at a wedding rehearsal dinner. The food was really great I lost count of the number of courses. The Chicken was cooked to perfection. The fried calamari was excellent. The service was fantastic. I plan to return there for another fine meal the next time I visit Chicago.

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incomparable”
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant will not disappoint you! I was looking with a group of friends for a restaurant and got advised to go here by some locals. It was just what we were looking for, and blew away all of our expectations. It is a very cozy, warm lit venue. We had the privilege of live Jazz during dinner as well. Dinner was absolutely incredible!! My friends who didn't manage to finish their meals loved them so much that they ate them for breakfast the next day. Food ranged from $15-20 for main courses, but for this quality, that was an incredible steal. What was most outstanding however was the service. The waiter for my group was charismatic, humorous and kind, and made our visit unforgettable. He talked to us for a long time, and after we had paid the bill, he said he enjoyed our company so much, that he brought us each a wonderful gelato filled pastry.. From his own wallet!!
I guarantee I will go here every time we are in town.
It is a must!!

Dyer, Indiana
“Around the corner from Water Tower Place”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We walked in around dinner time on a Sunday and were seated promptly. We were dining with our two kids (one of which is EXTREMELY picky about his "noodles")....

The décor is very nice with large windows looking out onto Chestnut. The service was excellent and the food was even better!!! We all had something different and my daughter was really craving good ole mostacholli (sp) with meatballs, but it wasn't offered on the menu, so the waitress went to the back and said the chef would be happy to accommodate her request. My son said he wants to go back there soon and I told him there were other Francesca's closer to our home but he said, "No, I want to come back to this one". Each of our meals were excellent and the portions were more than enough for each of us, with 3 of us going home with doggie bags.

The desserts were excellent too! Two of us had tiramisu and one had mint gelato, which was really, really good.

We ended up paying $100 +/- for 4 meals....that's not bad at all considering your right off the Mag Mile.

Thanks for making our quick stop after shopping SO ENJOYABLE!!!

Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
“Another great meal!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This was my third trip to Francesca's over the past 6 months. Each time I'm impressed. This excellent restaurant will remain a staple for me.

Visited February 2014