“Luke of the Irish.”
Review of The Kerryman

The Kerryman
Reserve with OpenTable
The Kerryman is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #312 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Description: Modern Irish bar with a creative food menu including classics from the Emerald Isle and Midwest Cuisine.
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The Kerryman is a good, average Irish pub in Chicago. The food is good, the prices are good. However, the highlight if the place was our server, Luke (or Luke of the Irish as I like to call him). He's a legit Ireland native with knack for telling great jokes and providing fabulous service at the same time.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This has to be the most unIrish Irish bar I have evern been to. Located in the River North area of Chicago. The bar is slick and modern, not exactly what I think of when thinking of an Irish bar. That said, it offers a very nice atmosphere. The service was excellent. The food was the most Irish thing about the place. The best thing is their daily specials. On Wednesdays, they offer Stella's for $3. Unheard of in Chicago, or anywhere else. If you want real Irish atmosphere, go to Fado. Otherwise, you will like The Kerryman.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

My boy and I were looking for late night dining, we usually don't eat dinner til 9 or 9:30. Well, it seemed that everywhere the kitchens were closed by 9. The kerryman's closed at ten, so we headed over. So glad we did.
First off, the service was great. The host was super friendly. Our server Luke was amazing, very witty and personable.
The atmospere of was good for us, lots of dark wood, very well decorated for the holiday season.
Food was awesome. We had the spinach and boursin dip. I like that it wasn't too oily, like some spinach dips can be. The bread for dipping was good, they weren't stale and crisp like you get sometimes. Just yummy. I got a Chicken and Mushroom pot pie, so yummy. A puff pastry filled with the awesomeness. Huge chunks of chicken, carrots, mushrooms, mmmm. I actually had a dream involving that pot pie later that night. The boy had a Turkey Rachel, which I took a bite of. Big sandwich, well done. They put thousand island dressing on it, which we both agree is a great choice.
Drink wise I had the lemon drop martini. It was good. I drank a couple. The beer selection was good.
We visit Chicago often. We don't repeat restaurants very often, but this one will be a repeat for sure.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Super fun bar, but somehow usually ends in a rowdy night. Maybe their drinks are extra strong? Great upstairs area with dance floor and nice music. Spacious for parties.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We arrived with a small group and were told that there was no space for us..then we said we were going to stay for dinner there was suddenly a spot open..however the service was less then stellar...we left after an ok meal and went to a better Irish pub...maybe it wasn't their day?