“Delicious! Worth the wait”
Review of Chicago Q

Chicago Q
Reserve with OpenTable
Chicago Q is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #152 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Division
Transit: Red line at Clark and Division. Walk east to Dearborn then South to 1160 N. Dearborn and you are at BBQ heaven. Bus 36 will take you to Clark and Division as well.
Description: Chicago q is not your ordinary barbecue joint. Since opening in 2010, Chef/Partner Lee Ann Whippen has created a barbecue experience like none other by using the highest quality meats seasoned with house-made rubs while served in a Savannah-style dining room, imbued with Southern charm and comfort. The restaurant serves Whippen's award-winning competition fare alongside regional favorites from the Carolinas, Texas, Missouri and Tennessee, which pair perfectly with the best selection of rare and exclusive bourbons in Chicago. Whether in the neighborhood or traveling to the city, a group of two or one of 50, Chicago q is the ideal space for any gathering or occasion.
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The night we were there, we had about a 45 minute wait, but we were lucky enough to get a few seats by the fireplace upstairs for drinks so it went by quickly. It was worth the wait. The BBQ was so good, ample portions. The sauces were yummy. I had a sampler and was hard pressed to pick a favorite. We walked out with a large doggy bag and enjoyed it again for a late night snack! I thought the price- $70 for two, plus a $60 bar tab from earlier was reasonable for the meals we had. I highly recommend!

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Ribs aren't great. Service is good and the location is good. That's about it. Sauces are just ok. Would go to Lillie's q instead.

1  Thank Jushooks99
Reviewed March 25, 2014

What a great restaurant with a classy BBQ vibe. Plates are huge, almost unfinishable. Would recommend this restaurant to anyone. It's the type of place you wish they offered bibs but it's too classy for that.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is an outstanding spot for good bbq. The portions are large and you will likely take some leftovers home. The sides(we had fries and slaw) were very good and the baby back ribs, pork and brisket were all excellent. They start you off with homemade pickles and chips which were both delicious. The ribs are served with 4 different sauces which gave you a nice choice. The service was excellent and they have outdoor seating which would be great in the summer. We sat upstairs which was a little quieter and had the basketball games on tv. They serve a weekend brunch and the menu looked good-I hope to try that on my next trip.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Although we've been here several times, I was disappointed that my baby back ribs were too flabby and not very good this time. So stick to the competition ribs, and you will see why they are worth the price. My husband had them and I had to steal a couple from him. I offered to trade, but he didn't want the baby backs either. The carrot cake is amazing, as is the cheesecake. The pickles and chips they give you in the beginning are ok, not a fan of sweet pickles, but like the spicy chips. The French fires, cole slaw and corn bread are all fantastic. Hush puppies were over fried and too spicy for me, so wished I had gotten something else as an appetizer. Really though, save your money and room in your stomach for the competition ribs and you'll be happy all night!