“Excellent BBQ and very nice atmosphere.”
Review of Chicago Q

Chicago Q
Reserve with OpenTable
Chicago Q is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #159 of 9,802 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Gold Coast
Cross street: Division
Transit: Red line at Clark and Division. Walk east to Dearborn then South to 1160 N. Dearborn and you are at BBQ heaven. Bus 36 will take you to Clark and Division as well.
Description: Chicago q is not your ordinary barbecue joint. Since opening in 2010, Chef/Partner Lee Ann Whippen has created a barbecue experience like none other by using the highest quality meats seasoned with house-made rubs while served in a Savannah-style dining room, imbued with Southern charm and comfort. The restaurant serves Whippen's award-winning competition fare alongside regional favorites from the Carolinas, Texas, Missouri and Tennessee, which pair perfectly with the best selection of rare and exclusive bourbons in Chicago. Whether in the neighborhood or traveling to the city, a group of two or one of 50, Chicago q is the ideal space for any gathering or occasion.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We ate here for lunch on a recent weekend trip to Chicago. I'm not a a huge fan of BBQ, but this was delicious and tasted homemade. The meat was tender and full of flavor. Looks like a very popular place for locals to celebrate events. We went on a recommendation from my neighbor who said it is her #1 favorite restaurant in Chicago. The portions are large and could easily be shared. The only disappointment was the sever we had. She seemed annoyed to be working that day and wasn't very helpful or friendly. We will definitely try it again.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have been to Jack's Old South and this is way better service and choices. Our group of 5 each had something different so we could try all the major Bbq-my son had the competition baby back and I have the competition St. Louis style-we both liked the St. Louis better (which not what we expected). Also had the pulled pork, beef brisket, and the bacon links at our table-all were good. Service was fast and very professional.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We enjoyed an evening eating solid BBQ and home cooking! They did not rush us and continued to refill our pickle bowl when it was getting low! Their macaroni was a bit too rich for me (I know, how is that possible??).

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This place has the best b/q of any restaurant I've been to. I had the pork shoulder plate and it was outstanding. The service was great, it has a fun atmosphere - I would highly recommend Chicago Q the next time you are in Chicago.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Like our Hotel, I was disappointed by the restaurant mainly because of the great expectations created by the reviews on Tripadvisor. The Hostess got annoyed quickly when asked how longer we had to wait for a table, and asked politely by my super-polite son. Wait at the bar was very pleasant, the bartender was fast, attentive, and knew what he was serving. Waiting staff was great as well, from the waiter, to the different people that kept replenishing the complementary appetizers, chips and pickles. we had walked the whole day and we could use some food at that time. The problem is that, while chips and pickles were outstanding, they were the highlight of our dinner, We ordered a little of everything, beef, chicken, ribs, pulled pork, beef. While the 4 sauces they came with were all very good, the food was actually quite bland. The beef was very dry, everything else tasted pretty much the same. The whole family loves ribs, and when at home our favorite place to get them is at drive through on the north side, and they have always been so much better at $20/slab, especially when compared to this overrated restaurant

1  Thank Nicosne