“We finally got here”
Review of Girl & The Goat

Girl & The Goat
Reserve with OpenTable
Girl & The Goat is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: West Loop
Cross street: Halsted
Transit: #8 Halsted Bus at Randolph
Description: Girl & the Goat has been serving fun foods, craft beers, and making wine in a rustic and kick-butt environment since summer 2010. The restaurant opens at 4:30 every day, and stays open until 11pm on weeknights and until midnight on Fridays and Saturdays (until those last late night eaters scrape their fork across the plate for the last time, or finish licking their plates until they're shiny and clean). The Goat's menu is divided into three categories: Vegetable, Fish, and of course Meat--while vegetable, fish, or meat are respectively the main stars of their categories, there are crossovers in each area so you'll get a little bit of everything. Bread is baked daily, and there are always new creations on the menu. Girl & the Goat sits in the West Loop smack dab in the Randolph Restaurant Corridor, but the location is still gritty enough to appeal to the chef’s integrity. The Goat has a variety of seating choices, including a comfortable lounge, bar seats, standard table seating, and four seats close enough to the kitchen line that you might be asked to help.Girl & the Goat blended their own wine, and it's tasty. There are beers on tap from Three Floyd’s and a couple others. If you're lucky, you might come across the elusive collaboration beers that Stephanie personally crafted with a couple of beer buddy cohorts. In addition to tap beers, there's also a bunch of bottles to choose from. Girl & the Goat is open 7 days a week, because The Goat is a tireless beast, and besides, who needs rest anyway? Girl & the Goat accepts reservations but always welcomes walk-ins, nomads, adventurers, and those of you who don’t like to plan.
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I made our reservation months in advance. We tried and shared four of their different plates. First time for having lamb ribs and they were outstanding. Our other three plates included goat, tuna, and Loup De Mer. Everything was delicious. They managed to time the arrival of each plate perfectly, so we didn't feel rushed or as if we waited long between plates.

The place has high energy level so it's not a great place if your looking for a quiet, romantic, private setting.

There are newer reviews for Girl & The Goat

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Fantastic food and drinks. I still dream about their fried hummus bites. The atmosphere is fun and open - the food is solid and I was able to try a bunch of new things I'd never had before. All solid.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I've been here before while on trips to Chicago but finally had the chance to take my lil guy to the restaurant. I found a last minute reservation for a Friday night and it was very busy. I wrote a small note on my reservation that my son was the biggest top chef fan and they were so gracious and had us meet Stephanie. Little things like this mean a lot and definitely made this weekend memorable for the both of us. The food was excellent...his favourite dish was the peppers as is mine and I find these get overlooked as people believe they are too spicy but I definitely recommend them to all. I also liked how I ordered an espresso during my meal and they quickly brought it over as opposed to waiting until dessert to bring it. The service overall was great and so chill vs. a lot of pretentious places. Honestly I've eaten at some incredible restaurants in my day and this type of atmosphere you could charge my triple the amount and I'd still happily dine here.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We were fortunate to dine at Girl and the Goat this past weekend and upon entering the restaurant and immediately being escorted to the " best seat in the house" set us up for a very fine dining experience. We were at one end of the long counter that is directly in front of the kitchen so we were looking right in at all the activity and were able to interact with the chefs and could see the pride they had in their product and the fun they had working together..Was a very unique perspective. We even got a couple dishes just given to us to try which was something special in itself. We both had the oyster dish which was fantastic, we split the beet salad and the shrimp and grilled octopus dish. All the dishes were full of flavor and textures that were unique to me but really worked to make a well balanced dish. We then had goat carpaccio and goat empanadas and even had dessert...the apple bundle...Overall just the best food we ate for the 5 days we were in the city and are already looking forward to dining here again.. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

you have to visit, be patient there is always line to get a table. or you can improvise and sit outside, at the bar, or the little sofas by the door. This is a unique place to visit and have dinner. Be open minded about the food, you can try so many different things. And it is not expensive, great price/value relationship. The ambiance, the deco, the music...a must visit while in Chicago.