TripAdvisor

from $38.00
from $42.00
from $36.00
More Info
All reviews interior architecture walking tour bar tour the loop our tour guide historic bar methodist church scavenger hunt great tour enjoyable tour knew his stuff billy goat tavern highly recommend this tour two hours fun facts wicker park downtown area
Selected filters
Reviewed January 30, 2017

I did the Loop Architecture and Pedway tour with Alex as our tour guide. Alex's knowledge of the city was extensive. I was primarily impressed with the tour structure. I never felt like we were just walking from spot to spot listening to a guide rattling off names and dates. The 2 hours went by entertainingly fast as we stopped at unexpected places and looked at architecture, watched videos, looked at pictures, played fun trivia games and heard "behind the scenes" stories. The Pedway map is a great bonus for a Chicagoan like me or for a visitor. I would recommend this tour to people visiting Chicago, but also to locals.

1  Thank Rick S
Reviewed January 19, 2017

I have no words to express the gratitude to be on a tour organized by Chicago Detours! If it was me exploring, I would never see the real Chicago! We visited all kind of places - from quirky "underground" bars to high-end buildings. Elizabeth took a great care of us, her knowledge, enthusiasm, sense of humor and willingness to share her stories were beyond any expectations. Perfection!

Reviewed January 19, 2017

We had a great time on the Historic Chicago Pub Crawl Tour visiting some historic landmarks and enjoyed some great brews. Our guide , Elizabeth, was very informative and answered all of our questions during a fun tour. It ended all too soon, but I highly recommend it. Great snacks, too.

Date of experience: November 2016
1  Thank DoingItOut-there
Reviewed January 13, 2017

It was unique in content tour! We saw interesting places in the city for which the tourists do not guess! I especially thank the guide, it is clear that the hi knows and loves his job!

1  Thank _anastasiya_vasileva
Reviewed January 9, 2017

We booked the 1893 World's Fair Walking Tour last minute and were really pleasantly surprised by how fantastic it was. Our guide Elizabeth was energetic and informative and the stories and architecture were really wonderful! We had a few snacks that related to the stories of the era and some refreshing drinks as well. We will certainly book some of the other available tours next time we are in town.

1  Thank cherylg288