“Great Segway Tour”

Bikes at Night Ride in Chicago
Ranked #13 of 103 Outdoor Activities in Chicago
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bike and Roll Chicago offers fun, easy, and safe bike rentals and tours as well as Segway tours. In addition, Bike and Roll Chicago has a large Bike Station with showers, lockers, mechanic service, and climate-controlled bike parking.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was a little scared to do the Segway tour, but my husband talked me into it. The tour guides were very, very helpful, and gave everyone a practice session. After a few minutes of practice, I thought "I can do this." If I can do it, anybody can! They took us to some of the attractions in Millennium Park, and I enjoyed it very much. I did not want to get off of it. You can get $5.00 off with a coupon in all the tourist books. The girl that booked your reservation and took the money could use some customer service training, but the guides were awesome. Try it.......you will love it.

1  Thank hpadawer0408
"great tour"
in 33 reviews
"awesome experience"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 14 reviews
in 12 reviews
"chicago history"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Bike and Roll is easy and convenient for renting bikes. They have multiple sites, but I went to the one in Millennium Park. You get a helmet and lock to go with the bike and can rent per hour or per half or whole day. I biked along Lakeshore Path on a vacation on a weekday, which was nice and serene, but the maps show routes on streets too. They offer a variety of bikes from city bikes (single speed, stepthrough frame) to speedy road bikes to tandem bikes, etc. The service was speedy and helpful. Totally fun!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We took the Lincoln Park ride on our first day in Chicago to get orientated to the city and it did the trick. You go along the waterfront up to the zoo along flat terrain and bike trails. I don't think we were on city streets for more than 5 minutes. Guide was very helpful with restaurants and sites to see in Chicago as well as the history of some of the buildings we cycled by. Highly recommend as a good way to see part of the city.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was born in Chicago over 65 years ago and have lived in the area all my life. My wife and I took the Segway tour about three weeks ago. Matt was very patient in teaching our group the use of the Segway. He was also extremely cautious in guiding us along the lakefront, stopping traffic as we traversed busy intersections. His knowledge at some of our stops enlightened both my wife and me. We consider ourselves Chicagoans and were surprised about how little we knew about some of the city's most popular attractions. Great job, Matt, on our 3 hour experience with you!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My sister and I (in our 60's) completely enjoyed our leisurely bike ride along the Lakefront. Bicycles were easy to handle and path was wide and also easy. Our Tour Guide, Aaron, was friendly, humorous and had lots of great information about the surrounding area. While riding our bikes, you had a great view of the Lake and all the activity surrounding it. Aaron welcomed all questions and gave us plenty of breaks if needed and time to take photos. He made you feel as if you were on a big "family" bike ride. For first time Chicago visitors, this is a must if you enjoy the outdoors and also to learn about the wonderful city of Chicago.