“Loved this place & will return!”

Harry Caray's Tavern on Navy Pier
Ranked #343 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Cross street: Dock Street
Transit: Four blocks east of CTA Red Line - Grand Ave.
Description: Harry Caray's Tavern on Navy Pier is currently closed due to construction in the Navy Pier Family Pavilion. It will reopen February 26, 2018. In the meantime, we'd be happy to serve you at our nearby Water Tower and River North locations! Visit harrycarays.com for more information.
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was in Chicago over the weekend for a wedding. We ended up staying at a hotel over on Michigan and Grand. While looking for places to go on google maps, I came upon Harry Caray’s steakhouse. Checked out the web site, and figured it would be a good place to have lunch as it was in walking distance from our hotel.

Got there around 1:30 or so, it was definitely passed the lunch rush. We were sat promptly and our server, Jose greeted us promptly. He was very friendly, and very helpful He served us drinks quickly, and answered any & all questions we had.

I was all set to order off the menu that I saw online, well it turns out they have a specials menu. We all ordered off of that. I had the wedge salad and half a Ruben. Two other folks in our party, one had a cup of clam chowder & half a Ruben, and the other had a cup of chili and a prime rib sandwich. We all loved our lunch, and yes, cleared the plates we did!

I love the look of the restaurant, it’s a few steps up from a sports bar. Service was excellent, and the best part was the price. Our lunches were all under 10 bucks! Can’t beat that in downtown Chicago. Highly recommend, and I will be back.

Thanks Harry Cary Chicago!!!

1  Thank kskwestlake

Reviewed October 29, 2012

On Navy Pier so lots going on around the area. It was packed and had to wait about half hour. We would have sat outside but it was freezing. Food was good not out of this world. The gift shop was cool. Would not go out of my way to eat there.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We ate here after going to Navy Pier and wanted some good comfort food. They have a smokehouse burger with onion string fries that is wonderful. It is served on a pretzel bun and that is nothing like I have seen before. Really great. Typical bar atmosphere but nice and casual and ok for the kids to eat there and not bother anyone. Would definitely go back.

1  Thank jbags39
Reviewed October 15, 2012

If you are a Chicago Sports fan, this is a must stop. The food was good, the service decent, not outstanding but decent, but the main reason for going to Harry Caray's at Navy Pier is the sports memoribilia. The collection is second to none and a must see.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

DH and I stopped in at Harry Caray's for a lunch of waffle fries and pretzel sticks, along with a pint. The food was average tavern fare, in a decent bar atmosphere. You wouldn't be missing anything if you passed it by, aside from the Harry Caray gift shop. It's a good fit for Navy Pier.

1  Thank Tara B