“It's all about the service”
Review of Benny's Chop House

Benny's Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Benny's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 9,614 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Illinois
Description: At Benny's Chop House we pride ourselves in serving the very best - of everything. All our steaks are 100% USDA Prime, the United States Department of Agriculture's absolute highest quality grading. Less than 3% of all steaks qualify for this exclusive grading. At Benny's you'll be served the most tender, juicy and flavorful steak you've ever experienced. Enjoy! Our seafood from our American East and West Coast Oysters to our Ora King Salmon or our Alaskan Halibut, is the freshest, seasonal seafood and is flown in daily. Our vegetables and sides change with the seasons for maximum flavor and feature local, Midwestern ingredients at their very best. And, as always, save some room for dessert. Our signature S'mores Milk Chocolate Cheesecake and Banana Cream Pie with caramelized bananas are not to be missed. Not to be outdone, our wine, craft beer, and bespoke cocktail offerings are unmatched. We have been recognized by Wine Spectator Magazine for three years in a row, (2012, '13, and '14,) for our extraordinary collection of 1500+ wine labels. Our craft beers are a representation of the world's finest breweries and our creative team of mixologists create unique craft cocktails to match the season. Children are always welcomed at Benny's Chop House and we offer a full children's menu featuring the perfect mix of favorites and variety.
Peoria, Illinois
“It's all about the service”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Let's be honest. There are lots of places one can get a great steak in the Midwest at a lower price. The reason I recommend Benny's is the service. My wife and I went for my birthday. The place was fairly full, but they made us feel like we were the most important people in the place. Waiter took his time with us. He asked questions about what we like so he could recommend appropriate steaks and the correct level of pink. While the wine menu is enormous, he helped my wife narrow down her choices to 2 and brought samples to let her make the final decision. He even suggested a vegetable. All of the recommendations were good. All the food was prepared perfectly. The water glasses and bread basket were never empty. It wasn't just the hostess and waiter that wished me a happy birthday, but I'm pretty sure every staff member we encountered did (water guy, guy taking the empty dishes, manager, etc. etc etc.) They pay attention to every detail to make sure your experience is wonderful.

• Visited November 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Truly Exceptional”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Decided to celebrate our anniversay at Benny's, so we made a reservation about a month in advance. The restaurant called the day before to confirm, and also confirmed our anniversary. We arrived on time and were seated immmedialy at a great booth in a quiet corner of the restaurant. Our menus had "Happy Anniversary" with our names at the top...a very nice and apprecaited touch. Our server was knowledgeable and made great recommendations on food and wine.

We kept it simple...my wife had a small filet, while I ordered a dry-aged bone in ribeye. Both were well above expectations. My ribeye was well-seasoned, cooked perfectly and the flavor was amazing. In all honesty, a "top three" all time for me...it was just that good. Stole a bite of my wife's filet and it was that melt-in-your-mouth consistentcy and balanced flavor that you would hope for. Seriously considered ordering a second round of food despite being stuffed.

We lingered over our steaks for a long time, enjoying every bite. Atmosphere is very upscale, and unlike so many other Chicago establishments, the noise level was very subdued and almost calming. Most folks came in well-dressed and it felt decidedly "un-touristy".

What set this meal above so many others was the attention to detail - the seating, the menus, the outstanding service. These actions can more than make up for a bad meal - but in this case, they didn't have to...the meal was truly memorable and exceptional. Will go back here every chance we get, and will certainly recommend it to others.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Scott S
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great Dinner after a Long Day”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I ended up at Benny's after a reccomendation from our concierge - big thanks to him!
We didn't have a reservation but the full menu is served in the bar and our server was so attentive
We ordered the Red Wine Braised Beef Short Ribs, New York Strip and and order of Truffle Fries to share. If Truffle Fries were the only items on the menu I would still come back, they are fantastic! I didn't get a look at the rest of the restaurant so next time we'll probably make a reservation.

• Visited October 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous steakhouse!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Wow! Fabulous steak, intimate environment and incredible service. I had the filet mignon, and it melted in my mouth. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Visited October 2013
Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin
“Good but overly pricy”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Great Chicago Steak House. Made reservation on Open Table. Warm & stylish ambiance. Very cozy. Exceptional service. Delicious appetizer (tuna). They need to offer more gluten free options and a gluten free menu (husband has Celiac). Amazing steaks, whatever the choice. Perfectly done! We enjoyed a side of mashed potatoes & seasonal mushrooms. Bottles of wine were WAY over priced! A sommelier helped us to make our choice but would have given it 5 stars if the wine prices were more reasonable.

Visited October 2013